Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

A Quick Update

aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi all! I figured it was about time to give a quick update on us.

We had our big Level 2/Anatomy scan ultrasound two weeks ago at 17w6d. Everybody looked perfect! They want to do another scan of Baby A's heart, as he is lower down and harder to see in general, but they said they saw everything and it looks great - just couldn't snap a picture. I go back in on Monday for a bi-weekly cervix check, so they'll do that then.

As for the are they identicals or aren't they? Well, if anyone was hoping for a mid-pregnancy external genitalia answer . . . you are not gonna get it! They both present with male genitalia. (I'm not big on gender, but for most folks, yep - they seem to be boys.)

So - we still have the big question remaining -- what exactly happened between the petri dish and the pipette to my uterus, but it'll have to be answered sometime after late October or early November. CoryandAmanda have given us some old new born clothes from their little brood, so I like to hold it up to the belly so the twins can visualize themselves not coming out until they can at least fit in the new born size!

And I'll throw in some ultrasound snappies for good measure:
Baby B is stretched out on top of Baby A who is curled up without much space. But, Baby A fights a good fight whapping his brother in the head. Pretty constantly. At least during ultrasounds.

9f692057-b98c-47f0-a888-4df69f422b15_zpsc35777e2.jpg
Slightly Fuzzy Baby A

76ee758f-d520-4521-a272-760ea4bfa31f_zps6239cf9b.jpg
That's Baby B sucking his thumb
7NZpm4.png
Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger

Comments

• CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on lil boys. So cute. and Thanks for Sharing!!
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Congrats on two happy&healthy male-bodied babies! :) Are you going to test their DNA when they're born or something else to figure out if they are identical and when/how they would've split? I hope you update us!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adorable US pics!
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited June 2013
    Awww look at the little dynamic duo :) Hopefully they listen to you while in utero and grow grow grow because it seems, once they come, out they stop listening :)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2013
    Ha ha, Cory! I can't imagine what you mean?? :)

Thanks all!

MNMommies -- yes, we definitely want to get these two DNA tested after birth -- if nothing else, to know for ourselves! I'll keep everyone informed. I started a whole rumble on another board trying to figure out if this had ever happened to anyone else, so they are also waiting with bated breath. :)
    7NZpm4.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Oh.. great to hear that both babies seem to be doing great :D Cool ultrasound pics, and so funny about how baby a is bopping his brother in the head.. I guess he is just trying to claim more space....?.... lol..
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Things sound great!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update! I had been wondering. Congrats on your little boys & great u/s pics. I can't wait to find out what happened!!! How is the second tri treating you?
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
    edited November -1
    Much, much better. Thanks, Jen! K is just too cute in the new pictures!! :)
    7NZpm4.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you are doing better! & thanks!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    well, i know they're just ultrasound pics, but to me they already look identical! the fact they're both boys definitely supports that theory a bit.
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Love the pictures! And am so hoping for identicals because I just love matched sets!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
    edited June 2013
    I know, BabyBaby! I actually compare their ultrasounds to see how close they look... They do have a very similar profile in all their shots.

Ha, Zen! You and my partner want them to be identical. It would be cute if they matched, but then I'd really want to know how they got two placentas!!
    7NZpm4.png
  • hopeful-in-seattlehopeful-in-seattle Posts: 416
    edited November -1
    They look so...human! No more blob baby. I'm so happy they are doing well, and that you are, too. Hugs!
    #1 ICI-BFN #2 IUI-BFN #3 IUI-BFN #4 ICI-BFN; #5 IUI-BFN; #6 IUI-BFN; #7-no follie; #8 IUI-BFN; #9 IUI-BFN; #10 IUI-BFN; #11 ICI, fresh-BFN; #12 ICI, fresh-BFN; #13 ICI, fresh-BFN; #14-cysts; #15 ICI fresh-BFN; #16 inj+IUI-BFN; #17 inj+IUI-BFN; #18 inj+IUI-BFN; #19-cyst; #20 IVF=BFP
    tt17cb29.aspx
    edited November -1
    I was reading that "in the uterus, a majority of monozygotic twins (60–70%) share the same placenta but have separate amniotic sacs. In 18–30% of monozygotic twins, each fetus has a separate placenta and a separate amniotic sac. A small number (1–2%) of monozygotic twins share the same placenta and amniotic sac."

I don't claim to understand the timing aspect of this, but in my happy mind your partner and I have an 18-30% chance!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Always love to see good updates from you - congrats on team blue times 2!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
    edited November -1
    I know, Hopeful! They are sooo human -- it's crazy what you guys will see in a few weeks at your ultrasound. Little teeny body parts, and the brain, and legs, and feet, and hands -- absolutely wild. Can't wait for you to get there!

Zen - we all go back and forth. In our case it is all about the timing. In order for identicals to have two placentas they have to split before day 3. When that happens, there are then two identical little embryos. Since we did a day 5 transfer with only one embryo, they really shouldn't have two placentas . . . BUT! As I've said before, I wouldn't be shocked if my babies were little freaks of nature making up the rules as they go. My partner and I were joking at our scan today about the babies coming out not at all mine - maybe Asian or blond, or something. :) We'll keep 'em.

Thanks, Goobie!! We checked today at the scan - we are still team blue. HA HA!
    7NZpm4.png
    edited November -1
    When same-sex twins are not identical my worry is that one will be brighter or prettier or more social leading to feelings of inadequacy in the other. Pretty much a silly fear now with parenting style more on board with building up rather than comparing. But in your case, if they happen to be fraternal I'd love them to be polar opposites. One blonde and blue and the other totally emo!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
    edited November -1
    Love your updates! And congrats on your little boys. I'd keep them if they were Asian too ;) lol! Congrats on team blue and tho you may have identicals, I'm betting the person who loaded the embryos for insem is going to have some explaining to do. Can't wait till Oct and Nov for the both of us!!
  • saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    I'm in love with their u/s photos! Two boys - makes my heart melt!

So glad to read things are going well.

Keep at it boys, no coming out until you can fit these newborn sized clothing!!!
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
    edited November -1
    Yay, Gonna!! I know - it will hopefully be a wonderful fall. :)

Thanks, Saralee!! We are rather in love, too.
    7NZpm4.png
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I'm just now finding this post so thanks for the update! I'm glad the boys are healthy and I'm excited to hear more about them!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png