Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Question for those who've had early miscarriages (loss mentioned)

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I was just wondering, if you've had an early miscarriage, and if you had your levels checked, how long did it take until the hcg was back at zero? Is there a typical rate of falling, or is it different then when the levels are rising (ie, how they double every 48-72 hours on the way up) ?

We thought on Friday she had passed everything, but then a few more clots came out (tmi, sorry.) Now, however, we are pretty sure she's passed everything. She went in for a hcg blood check today, which was three days after the first one. On Friday at the ER it was only 30. They said that it can differ a little by going to different places (has anyone heard of this before?) But we didn't go back to the ER because it was 2 hours away and so instead we just went to our midwife, we should hear back tomorrow after 10am as to where her levels are at.

Also, for those that did chose to try right away, did you have success? I know that a woman is typically more fertile (according to studies) within the 6 months after a mc. We feel ready to try again, and have read stories of women becoming pregnant before AF even showed, and having no issues with that new pregnancy. But I'm just curious to hear what others here have ran into?

Thank in advance!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    I didn't have hcg checked after mc confirmed but was advised to wait two cycles to recoup before trying again. I did that and got pregnant on the try after the mc. I know others who didn't wait and were successful. Talk to your provider to see what's recommended for you. I do believe you are more fertile on the 6 months after a mc ... just priming your body for a successful pregnancy, like mine!
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    Ps... the opks don't work when the hsg is in your system. You get false positives. It was frustrating because my first cycle I couldn't pinpoint my surge.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited July 2013
    I bet that HCG of 30 will be out of your system in 2-3 days. You can try right the way, if your doctor is fine with that, of course, and you can treat your bleeding as your period. Expect your ovulation to be a little later than usual though, because of the fact that when you started your bleeding you still had some HCG in your system. Good luck!
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    My HCG was back to zero about 2 weeks after the bleeding started.
    ZVvim5.png
  • SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My levels went down very quickly. I miscarried 11/9/10, got my period on time in mid December, and we inseminated using a different donor on 12/24 & 12/25. The rotten boy is now almost 2 years old.

Sorry to hear of your loss (I don't come over here much).
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    My sister has had three live births and six miscarriages, most of them right arOund six weeks as well. She conceieved my second nephew the very month after one of her losses, and had a pretty normal pregnancy with him. However she has also had miscarriages close together, and her doctor was worried about whether or not my nephew would make it since her body didn't even have a month to recover, but he did and is the cutest three year old you'll ever meet!

I've heard mixed reviews - some saying your body is extremely fertile the month after an early loss and some saying its best to give yourself time to recover. I would talk to your midwife about it and get her take.
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    DW conceived on the first try after miscarriage. Miscarriage completed in July, HCG levels were back to 0 in early August, and did at-home ICIs in November that led to her current pregnancy, due in a month! We would've insemed earlier, but I gave birth to R in August so we were too busy to try before November. :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    So we just heard back from the mw, her levels doubled. :-/ She's at 59 now, which would be doubling at 72 hrs. But we know when we conceived so its not possible for that to be good. Also she passed a lot of quarter sized clots this weekend. So I'm sure she's still mmiscarrying. They aaid it could be a cell still having been duplicating during the mc as she was still passing clots yesterday (same day as test.) So now we go back Thurs for another blood draw, hopefully the numbers will be dropping.
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    My HCG was back to zero about 2 weeks after the bleeding started.

How high did your numbers get before they dropped?
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My DW had a mc at 5wks3days. Her highest HCG 300 something. When she started bleeding her level was 294 I think. The following week when they drew her blood her hcg was 24 and then the next draw which was the Monday after that it was 0. Our RE said we could try as soon as she got her first normal period. Good luck and hope you all get to try again soon. I'm so sorry for your loss
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I just sent you a message on FB.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo