Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Here's to hoping this is a short roller coaster ride.

hopefulltwohopefulltwo Posts: 303
edited February 2013 in Our Train of Hope
After spending much time last night reading everyone elses stories, I thought I should start ours. Anticipating that this can be a very lengthy and up and down process. I say this because its only our first try and I am already nervous. We plan on our first swimmers arriving Friday. The fertility monitor is already rising. Eep!! This will probably be the only month I say this. Hold off little egg. lol I guess I should go back a bit in our story. We started this journey last May. When we went to the gyn to get the all clear everything wasn't so clear. We had a hiccup. After the worrying and testing and surgery, here we finally our. Waiting for our first attempt. At this particular moment, sans coffee I might add, I am very nervous and excited at the same time. So many what ifs. I am trying to keep any negative things I read to myself and be encouraging to my love. I do not want to add any stress to her body. So I will try and keep you posted as this ride continues. I pray everyones rides are short and exciting. Much baby dust to all!

The tank arrived and after checking its contents. Now we wait for the smiley to show.....
Feb '13 - BFN March '13 - BFN
April '13 - extra af - bfn ( i still think the smiley lied) reg. af - bfn
June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
Nov '13 - well af showed a week early-BFN
Dec '13 - BFN Jan '14 - BFN
ah Feb '14 BFPPP!!!!! Expecting him to arrive around November tenth.

Comments

• tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    Good job trying to stay positive. You got this! My wifey says " POSITIVE IN POSITIVE OUT "
    Its helped in so many ways just saying that. il quote. Its been a long ride for us . But i know it will work someday. Everyone has a different rollercoster.
    Good luck.
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • hopefulltwohopefulltwo Posts: 303
    edited February 2013
    Okay, so we finally got our smiley. The cbefm test yesterday morning seemed to not go look right. And considering the was lots of cm the night before(but no smiley), we decided to take a couple smiley to work. And dont ya know at the first test four hours into work, we got our first smiley! Those things are so cute. lol Then came the debate of when to insem. Dp is 33 and from what I've read it says the older you are the closer to peak you ovulate. Considering all the cm yesterday and the fact that we didnt get home from work till three we decided after work would be a good time. A bit rushed since we had to take a three hour car ride at five. But needless to say, between the slightly awkward moments and the intense ones *blush* We used preseed and cath and syringe that came in the kit and got it done. That little voice that tells me the odds of conception on the first try, is really quiet this morning. I have this feeling of just wanting to hold her close and rub her tummy and say stay and grow little one, your moms are ready and waiting.
    June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
    edited November -1
    Now we wait...and wait...I didn't think the tww would be this frustrating. I thought once we got past the awkwardness of the first try we would just sort of forget for till day 14. Ok well I give her kudos cause shes not phased (on the outside at least) Im the nervous nelly. Checking and rechecking everythign Ive read. Today she has cramps, yesterday it was smells, day before gas. I keep telling myself its way to early for any of that to mean shes pregnant. Sheesh heres to 11 more days.
    edited November -1
    Well let's just say we tested and tested and tested lol Day 6,8,10,11,12, and 14. We had received free tests so I thought we should use them. All were BFN's not even a shadow of a line. Had some hope but we know the chances are slim. It still baffles me as to how some can do it on the first try and others it takes years. That being said, on to March we go. AF showed up today. Just waiting for the NW to open to place our order. :)
    edited March 2013
    Well we placed the order had it all planned out...and then things started to happen. We had a death in the family, mom had to have testing done this week , and of course ovulation came early. The funeral is out of town and we were not due to ovulate till after. So we thought no problem just pack the dewar in the car and try and make the most of a bad situation. Till we got the peak this morning on the day we are to drive eight hours to get there. Oh did I mention the tanks not even here yet. It will be here before we leave today. Its out for delivary as we speak. Here is the dilema though, dp is an hour away with mom getting testing done till at least 4 this afternoon. Swimmers usually get here around five and then we were going to leave. So now are debate is do we do the first of our two vials before we leave or sometime tonight when we get there? This is the second month of trying and now I can see why they say you have to have a sense of humor cause both times the timing has come at a busy time. I so hope this time gives us a bfp cause this is going to make for a good story. Well we did one when we got to the hotel at about midnight and one the next night at the next hotel at about midnight. I am holding onto hope, because the insem timing and fertility finders day of ovulation plus cm actually line up this month.
    edited November -1
    Well held out on testing till days 10 and 11 - BFN, I am so hoping that its just to early and we will get our bfp at the end of the week. We are currently out of pregnancy test(one way to keep from testing lol). So now we wait for AF.
    edited November -1
    Well AF came and went and then we couldn't get a peak on the cbfm, and dp said af was lighter than normal (not really and cramps or clots) I know my gyn calls it tissue *eye roll* So after that we got a smiley but still no peak. We insemned anyhow. And dont you know we got another af the next day. Very puzzling and saddening. But lets see what ten days from now holds, shall we.....
    edited November -1
    Well lets see after the second af visit, we got high reading on the cbfm starting on cycle day six till we peaked on 11. Confirmed the peak with a beautiful smiley. Our box is here and waiting till tomorrow to insem. Hopefully since we are trying really hard at temping, the temps will tell us when we ovulate. Here's to 15 days from now....
    edited November -1
    Well that was another bfn. I was so hoping this was it. I read birth stories all week and watched dp's temp stay up and up. And then it went down. fooey. Af came onto this next cycle.
    edited November -1
    Oh, where to start about this month. Let's see...we had a cat that was sick and we ended up having to have put to sleep. Trying to diagnos and save her took up our extra funds. But hope was not lost. We had a known donor lined up. Yay, dp has always wanted a kd. Then all the signs said dp ovulated on cd9? She had surge etc on cd6, the day after af. WTH. Then to top it all off, the kd didn't come thru for even a meeting. grrrr. Onto the next cycle...
    edited November -1
    So here we sit in June. Dp ovulated three days later than usual. No biggy, we just kept the tank a day later. Positive opk in the evening on cd14 and a peak on cbfm on cd15, so we insemned at about 22 hrs past the opk. Dp is on nights this week and needed a nap before we bd lol. Here's to a productive and hopeful tww.
    edited November -1
    Well that cycle didn't work out either. I am beginning to think that dp ovulates right at smiley. There is a pattern that the day when the monitor peaks is when her temp starts to rise. Who knows I could have this all wrong. We see the doc on the eleventh and will ask for blood work to be done to reassure us that there is nothing wrong internally. I so wanted to do this next cycle right at smiley and made sure to order the tank to arrive before the weekend. And guess what? Her body is deciding to ovulate early this cycle. On cd 6 a high on the cbfm and a smiley that night and a little ewcm. Morning of cd 7 a high on cbfm and a temp rise. Kind of discouraged this cycle already cause the box will not arrive till around five p.m. and all signs point to ovulation last night. One can only hope with the air out that maybe she was just overheated this morning. Although it was not really hot. Who knows. If not like I always say....Onto the next cycle. Sidenote: We have learned to not test smileys with fmu. They come up positive everytime we do that. We are only using them later in the day from now on.
    edited November -1
    Well that attempt was another bfn. According to ff dp ovulated on cycle day 8. We did not believe in the smiley at day 6 and we never got a peak on the cbfm. So, we waited until we got another smiley around the time when she usually ovulates sometime after day ten. Yeah well should of just inseminated on day 7 cause her period can on the first day predicted. Unfortunately, ff says seek medical advice due to irregular cycles. Dp has always had irregular cycles. We were supposed to see the ob/gyn today for a routine pap and were going to discuss it with him. Her appointment got bumped to the end of the month. I put in a call to the doctors office to see if we can get him to order bloodwork ahead of time so we do not have to wait a whole month more to find out if there are any issues. We are both bummed this month by af. Already ordered swimmers to be here Monday for the next cycle. We are going to keep inseminating away until we get our bfp, damn it. That was my somewhat pep talk for this cycle. Will keep you posted....
    edited November -1
    Ok so this cycle we are inseming two vials of iui format vaginally. One was insemned at about a half hour past smiley and the other will be insemned this evening at about 36 hours past the smiley give or take a couple hours. Dp had her yearly appt. with the ob/gyn and he ordered bloodwork and an u/s for us if this cycle doesn't work. Heres to another tww!!! now the question is do I drive myself crazy reading and watching baby stories or do I drive myself crazy trying not to think about it??? Hmmm. I do have to note that dp said she felt crampy today. lol
    edited November -1
    As I wake up this morning after insemn number two (some leaked out :( ) I don't know what to feel. Part of me wants to remain positive read stories, window shop baby stuff, and work on things that need to be done to baby proof the house. The other part of me says that I might as well just admit that its not going to work ...again. Dp is such a trooper its her body and she has less stress than I do. That's a plus. But hey look on the bright side. We have more bfp's this month, so at least we know it works, right?
    edited November -1
    This is a post from ttc. I titled it, In need of a reality check. This tww wait is getting out of hand. Dp's temps went up into the 98's 4dpo it has never done that before. Sure a couple of 98's before in other cycles but this one the lowest she's had since is 98.0. And she has had a couple of days of weird somewhere between creamy and ewcm. I am stuck in a poas craze. Im surprised she hasn't refused yet. Here it is cd11 and everything is still bfn. sad I am trying to let the reality of this not.being the cycle. I though after seven cycled I had a handle on this feeling. We have used dollar tree brand and frer. Just needed to vent and hopefully this gives me the reality check I need. Thanks for listening.

I was so hopeful that with the different feelings and symptoms that dp was having that this would be the cycle. But another temp dip this morning on cd14/13 and a plethora of almost daily bfn's leaves me with little hope. I feel so inadequate at this moment. I doubt that there is anything wrong with her body. So what am I doing wrong? Just some thoughts.

On the plus side we have bloodwork and and u/s scheduled for tomorrow to make sure all our levels are ok. Onto whatever the test results and the next cycle bring us.
    edited November -1
    So, the u/s went good. The tech said everything looked good. We are just waiting on good ol af to start to get the cd3 bloodwork.
    edited August 2013
    Got the bloodwork done. Af was here and gone. On the last day of af, just spotting in a.m., dp had ewcm. She pee'd on a smiley and I'll be damned if the thing wasn't smiling at us. A positive opk on cd 5??? Wth. I believe this happened at one other cycle too. Our cbfm said high this morning so ovulation is imminent, I think. Oiy. So we planned on using a kd this cycle. Yeah, well he already said he wasn't available tonight. So, I'm not holding my breath. If not oh well. We will see the doc next week to discuss the results of the bloodwork.

Just feel like ranting a bit. KD says we get a sample tonight but is it to late? Temp was taken a little early but it jumped. Sometimes this process seems like a roll of the dice. The cbfm has not peaked yet. I don't think it will since we got a smiley the day before it started testing. I believe that happened the last cycle dp ovulated super early. At a ttc loss today. Its all a big mystery. And when you research you can find just about every scenario out there. So least I know we are not alone.

Okay so an update. Kd actually came thru. Yay!!! and he says he will work with us as long as we need. I still think this timing is off. We are still tracking this cycle but I couldn't let another early cycle go. So we are actually 1dpi. Ff did not give crosshairs yet so I am not going anywhere near the tww list. I will keep you posted.
    edited November -1
    Here we go again....inseminated twice with kd. Went with what I knew instead of what the monitors were saying. I believe we had a ovulation dip yesterday and a temp rise today. The next two days will tell if I was right. Dp said I could try inserting the instead cup for her. Yeah ummm that was different. They are not one size fits all. lol If this cycle doesn't work I guess we will see if she wants to try it again.
    edited November -1
    Well that cycle didn't work. With all these people trying for second, third, and fourth kids, I know it works. But damn if I'm not tired of white test and hearing "it will happen when it is meant to". Seriously people. They just don't know. Onto the next cycle. Here's to hoping kd gets back in town in time.
    edited November -1
    This cycle didn't work either. We did two insems from kd. The day the cbfm peaked and the day after. Some leaked out the first time and the second sample was a little on the small side. Who knows why it didn't work.....on to dp's hysteroscopy at the end of the month. Then I think its clomid for the next cycle. This is so frustrating. I don't know how to describe how I feel at this moment. As usual dp is not showing any emotions. Wish I could be more like her. Till next time....
    edited November -1
    We just got back from hysteroscopy. Ugg. I feel like we skipped a cycle for nothing. Opening to tubes looks good, but that doesn't mean tubes aren't blocked at the top. Doc says we don't need clomid. Was looking forward to that. He says its either our timing or our sperm samples/insemination method. He recommended testing for progesterone at home. I have not read about that before. In my quick search I see a lot of canine and equestrian kits for it. Had to tell dp shes a work horse not that kind of horse. lol Bad joke to lighten the cramps/nauseous feeling she's having. I try. Anywho onto his recommended timing of 48 hrs ahead of ovulation and day of. He did have a nice story of how the first sperm basically eats the stuff on the outside of the egg so the next one can dive in. Never heard it put that way but it makes sense. Onto Novembers cycle. Hopefully.
    edited November -1
    Okay so we insemned using docs timing. Now we wait. We were in Texas for dp's brothers wedding and are missing temps on our calendar so not sure when we ovulated this cycle. Hopefully the progesterone testing next week shows that we did. Fingers crossed and babydust that this works.
    edited November -1
    We also insemned two more times with our own timing as well. Well the cbfm did not peak yet but it is day four of it being high. When I thought I knew dp's pattern I swear she o's overnight. So I am very hopeful that this is great timing. Please let this be the one that does it. Maybe the turkey will help. :) Happy gobble day!
    edited November -1
    Well hell Fred, that evil witch af showed up a week early. We never had a peak day on the cbfm either. So, either dp ovulates super early cd5 or 6 or she didn't ovulate this month. We are missing the temps from when we went to her brothers wedding in Texas. Wish I had those to confirm which day it rose. Sometimes, I feel like I know how everything will work out when it comes to timing. Other times, I feel like I don't know squat. Some days I just want to give up and go to an Re. Onto December we go.
    edited November -1
    Another month, another temp drop, :(:(:(:( . We were so hopeful this cycle. We did four insems with our wonderful kd. Cd 7,9,11,13. Ff has us ovulating on cd12. We had high temps right off the bat. I was thinking so positive. With two temp drops, this mornings being below the coverline. I feel helpless. Helpless to stop the sadness before dp sees it. Helpless to know what to make it work. I want to give up and go to an RE. I know it shouldn't hit me so hard since its not my body, but I can't help it this time. I feel like crud cause I am not positive for dp. I guess we wait for af, then go from there.
    edited November -1
    Af came and went. Inseminated again this cycle just once because of the polar vortex making kd travel unsafe. Went out of town on a funeral/impromptu vacation, I thought the relaxation after the funeral would help. And you guessed it, another BFN. Onto the next cycle.
    edited November -1
    Well hell fred. We did our first true ici's this cycle. It was interesting trying to find dp's cervix. I applaud her for being brave, she absolutely hates the speculum. Let's see what this new method brings.
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I know you have been trying for quite a while. Have you had everything checked out at the Dr? Tubes are open? AMH/FSH is good?
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
    edited February 2014
    We have had bloodwork, doc said levels were good. During the hysteroscopy the doc did what he termed as a poor mans hsg. He sent bubbles into the uterus and we watched them go in tubal opening. He said that means no blockage. We temp,watch for signs, and use both opks and the cbfm. He says its either our timing, insertion method, or the sperm itself. We have tried every combo we can think of. March fourth is our next appt. We are going to ask for a referral to the re. In the meantime we just keep inseminating along.