Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

I don't even know what's going on (possible? loss mentioned)

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We are having the weirdest miscarriage ever and I was wondering if anyone else has ever gone through this or known someone who has and what ended up happening? I'm not sure who read my post, on the other side, about our loss on Friday so I'm just going to put all of the information here.

First off, it all started on Friday night, we were on our way home from vacation and decided to stop in to see a drive-in movie about two hours away from us. While looking for a place that had WiFi so I could finish up my schoolwork, DW all of a sudden felt a gush of blood like af had started. We freaked out and found the closest hospital. We spent about 4 hours at the ER, early on they said her cervix was closed. Then at the end we found out the u/s had found nothing and the HCG was only 30. She said we could be off on our dates, we said we def weren't. She said well maybe, and then we explained we had used a donor and know when we insemmed. She said oh, well I'm sorry it's probably a miscarriage. At this point DW had not passed any clots, just lots of bright red blood. As a side note this conversation led to us passing on information about NW to the nurse who wants to be a SMBC and had no clue it was so easy/not as expensive as she thought!

So anyways, on Friday night when we got home DW went to the bathroom and passed a clot. We thought for sure after she passed it, that it had to be everything. Afterall the baby was only supposed to be the size of an appleseed. But then on Saturday she was still passing clots. So we thought okay and then on Sunday she wasn't passing them so it must be just about done.

On Monday we go in for a HCG test because the ER doc had said to get it checked with our MW to see what happens. We expected it to be going down, but nope we find out on Tues that her hcg levels went up. They were at 59, which would mean doubling at 72 hours instead of 48. So then on Weds she had a bunch of crazy emotions hot/cold flashes so we figured it must be her levels dropping. Then on Thursday she was nauseous (so I was like maybe!) but then she passed a, sorry tmi, small dark red stringier clot that she said wasn't a normal AF type clot.

So we figured maybe when we went in on Monday because she was still in the process, maybe that's why her numbers doubled so on Thursday we went back in for a HCG draw and we just got the call back and she has almost doubled again! It's at 105. So now we are waiting on the MW to call back with what we are doing, the one who called said we'd probably be doing an u/s.

And of course my brain keeps trying to be optimistic even though logically I know there's not much chance. Ugh... the worst part of all of this is the up/down rollercoaster of glimmers of hope that are completely unrealistic and irrational. :'( I feel like this is the longest miscarriage and I just wish that if it's a mc that it would happen and if it's not that we would see something on the u/s...

All my Google researching has come back with possibilities of a mc or of a healthy baby, so I don't even know what to think anymore.

Has anyone else gone through something like this? Are we crazy to want to hope that maybe it was a twin and there's a possibility of a healthy baby in there? Lil D's numbers were on the low end I think, but she didn't bleed or pass any thing with him so I dunno...

I'm sorry it's so long to those that have read it all thanks... I'm just completely and utterly confused right now!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, it sounds like it could be a molar pregnancy. I would call your doc right away.
    I'm so sorry. What a roller coaster.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I would say a rollercoaster. Those increasing levels do sound encouraging though. I hope you get good news as time goes by.
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Have they checked for an ectopic? When I was having my early loss, after stopping the meds and waiting to bleed, my HCG increased a bit (from 155 to 175) and they were concerned about a possible ectopic (it wasn't... just took a while for the progesterone to get out of my system).

I think you should have an ultrasound to check for an ectopic.

I do still hope thataybe it was a vanishing twin, though.

Hugs to you and DW.
    ZVvim5.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    K&h, she doesn't have any of the symtpoms of a molar though. I mean no heart speeding up or sweating, no grape like clots, no excessive bleeding, etc, no cramping beyond slight cramps once in a while over the weekend.

Scorpiogirl we thought maybe an ectopic, but at the er they said they checked for that and didn't see it.

We're still waitkng to hear back, they would have just finished their lunch break and we are thinking about calling back.
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is bad news I am sorry, but I hope it is not. I had an US around the same time as you guys did and they saw nothing. At 6+ weeks they saw a sac, but no baby. I also had bleeding at about six weeks for two days and thought that I was having a MC. I also had intermittent AF type cramps through the first trimester. The numbers are low, but they are doubling. I wouldn't want to give false hope, but I would say there is still a chance. Wishing you guys the best...
    edited November -1
    We talked to tge mw, she wants to wait until Mon for an u/s. She thinks the baby may have been too small and that's why they couldn't see it at the ER and that dw mc'd a twin. I want so badly to be hopeful but I'm also so very afraid that it'll end badly. I just don't know what to think at this point and I am praying for a miracle!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I have no experience to offer, but I wanted to say I wish you the best. I hope it was a vanishing twin and that you will have good news on Monday.
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking about you guys and hoping for the best!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    As always, thinking of you both and a positive outcome.
  • beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you guys, and hoping you get some good news.
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    After my miscarriage I thought I was going crazy, I swore I was still pregnant. It took me until after my due date to be okay with it and process the early loss. I hope this turns out well for you guys.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
    edited November -1
    annerbones, I'm sorry that happened with you. We were actually feeling "okay" (well as okay as we could be) about the mc until we found out on Tuesday that her numbers were doubling. Even then, on Weds we figured okay well by tomorrow (Thursday) I'm sure the numbers will be going down, but then we found out they had doubled again. It could still be that the numbers went up before the mc was done and they are going to go back down again. We are trying to remain hopeful because trying not to remain hopeful just leaves us feeling crazy because we want to be hopeful. But we also know that there is a much higher likelihood that this will end up being a mc that is just long drawn out. :/
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • jamie.pfiesterjamie.pfiester Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    What your describing is just like what happened with my son! I had the same thing and came to find out that I was carrying twins and mc the twin. My son is now a healthy happy year old. Not trying to get you hopes up but I thought id share my experience with you!
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With Beck my numbers didn't double and they started to prepare me for a loss, 2 days later they had doubled and kept doubling and beck is here. They said they believed I had a vanishing twin that didnt fully implant even tho it had started to and that's why my numbers didn't increase much and that Beck just took a bit to catch up ! I did not have any bleeding but that most likely was because i was on progesterone , i am really hoping for good news for you guys !!
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    What a long weekend that makes for - but I hope you get great news on Monday!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    I have no advice, but I really hope it's good news! Fingers crossed for you!
  • A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you guys. I too don't want to offer any false hopes, but do want to share that with our daughter right around weeks 5-7 I experienced heavy bright red bleeding off and on and at one point passed a fairly large clot that made me certain that I was having a miscarriage. My midwife had my betas drawn, progesterone, and then we had a vaginal ultrasound right at 7 weeks. In the end all worked out, but we still don't know why I was bleeding. Again, I am hoping for the very best for you and your family.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    I don't know... but this must be stressful.. But, I just have a good feeling for you... that it is a vanishing twin. I hope this weekend goes fast, so you can get some answers on Monday! Prayers for all of you! :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    You know I'm thinking of you and hoping for the very best!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! Especially for the stories that ended well... we are hoping and praying. It doesn't help that DW has started feeling uber tired. I'm not sure if its because she is still pregnant or if its because we want her to be so badly that her body is faking us out. Monday really needs to get here already. I just hope that the scheduling for the u/s isn't going to make us wait past Monday to find out!!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    thinking of you today.
  • irisgrace61irisgrace61 Posts: 203
    edited November -1
    thinking about you guys today
  • jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Thinking about you today :)
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. Unfortunately today ended up being a very horrible day. My cat of 10 years had to be put to sleep, and we found out that there was nothing on the ultrasound. The plus side is there was nothing, not even left over cells so no d&c needed and I'm thinking maybe the last two ups were just the end of the pregnancy. Tomorrow I'm sure we'll find out today's blood draw was going down. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes... just hoping we get back to zero soon so we can try again. Thanks again :)
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry. What a horrible day indeed.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry you had such a terrible day. I'm glad you both have each other and seem to be a very supportive couple.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I am so so sorry you had to handle not one, but two losses today. There are really no words to make it better, but luckily time makes all things better. It does t feel like it now but it does. Take care of each other and allow yourselves to grieve. HUGS to you all!
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry, OSS! This must be a heartbreaking day for you all. Big hugs. :(
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am sorry. I was hoping by some miracle...I hope you try again when you are ready and this time it sticks. I am sorry too about your cat. I'm a huge cat lover and I have had to do that.
  • irisgrace61irisgrace61 Posts: 203
    edited November -1
    so so sorry