Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

which ergo to get?

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
hi, i really want to get an ergo before my family reunion so i can more easily ward off those who want to hold baby S when im/she is not feeling it. i have a ring sling and basic crotch dangler. the latter ive used it a little and can see why baby needs a healthier choice since i want to start wearing her consistently. i thought i would love a moby, but do not - maybe for #2.

if given a choice, which ergo would you get? original, performance, travel?

what about boba or another brand? if i found a good deal, which other brand would you feel comfy using with your baby?

thanks!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png

Comments

• KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Beco Gemini too. I have used it with Charlotte since she got to be about 10 pounds, and I continue to carry her on the front and my 20 month old on my back. It does not hurt and she loves it. My only gripe is that it is thick, and I can't use it outdoors for very long right now or she gets overheated. I would love a cooler material with equivalent comfort.
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    i forgot about beco! im watching craigs list and im going to call the local consignment shops. :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    I agree beco's are great! I have both the butterfly 2 and the gemini. I am selling my gemini to help fund a toddler tula now that my little ones are getting bigger :)
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I'm an Ergo and Boba fan. Ergo I love the 3 different positions they go in. Also, Target has a 20$ gc with the purchase of one. Boba Colorado based Company and I've met some of the staff. If you're on Facebook, look at some of the b/s/t and/or the baby wearing groups that'll let you try out different carriers. In love carrying the twins no matter how many weird looks I get lol
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the original Ergo and LoVe it ;)
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I had regular Ergo = loved it. Just got the performance one because it has been tested and survived up to 90 pounds -n ot that anyone wants to carry 90 pounds on their back. But, my preschooler is 40 pounds and sometimes I need to be able to carry her long distances. I also purchased the infant insert for #2.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you check out some Marshall's, Ergos are going for 60$. Sooo worh it considering they start at about 115 (60 for the sport)
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    I didn't realize there were different types of Ergo's, DW did all of the research! lol I just looked up the one we have, and it's an original. I love it! I carry Lil D all the time in so many different settings, I prefer to carry him on my back. I've found if I carry him on my front for all day (like walking around Disney) then I need to have a backpack on my back to even it out so that at the end of the day I am not feeling sore. I know that zuilly (I think is the name of the website?) just recently had a sell of them for $65, we bought ours at Target about a year ago and they were doing the $20 giftcard which made it nice. We did this after finding a local babywearing group where we were able to try on a few different types!

Here's a link to the one we have:

http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-baby-Baby-Carrier-Galaxy/dp/B002NGMXR2
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    We have the performance ergo and love it. So far, it's the only carrier we've used for M and we can still use it with G, but he much prefers to walk on his own these days. We live in a warmer climate, so we chose the performace style for it's claim to have more breathable fabric and it's less bulky in the shoulder straps (but they still seem to have plenty of cushion that they don't hurt our shoulders ever) so we can roll it up and stuff it in a bag fairly easily.
    I purchased the galaxy Ergo for a friend for her baby shower and wore it with G in order to demonstrate how it works. It feels the same as our performance Ergo IMO. It just had puffier shoulder straps. If I had to buy it again, I'd still go with the performance just because of the less puffy straps. I don't care for puffiness in any sort of attire, so that's just my personal preference.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited July 2013
    We have the organic Ergo. I didn't intentionally buy this one. I bought it second hand for $40. The lady that sold it to me wore it a few times on vacation and that was it, so I basically got a new one for less than half. The fabric is very soft, that's the only difference I can tell between mine and others.

Here is a photo of me carrying Bronx in ours when he was about 25lbs.

null_zps169f02ac.jpg
  • LindseyC87LindseyC87 Posts: 94
    edited July 2013
    I personally love my beco Gemini! We haven't tried the back/side carry yet but here are her in/out facing

2013-07-17_zps229622e2.jpg
    #3 Due 3/26/14 and IT'S A BOY
  • coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I have an Ergo original in cranberry color. It is great even in Florida heat. I prefer to back carry. I could still carry my 5&4 year olds in it as they are both under the 45 lb weight limit....I DON'T carry them in it but i could and have put them in just for fun LOL. I put M in it sometimes to know he is safe and secure when i am out with them all but he prefers to walk now or ride in the shopping cart at 22 montgs. But it's probably good since I will be ditching the infant carrier altogether and carrying Z in it soon. Oh and it is still no issue using it even after a healed back surgery.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Threadjacking to say, I am So JEALOUS reading about the deals you can get on Ergos! The cheapest I have found ended up being $200 including shipping and import fees :( I have been desperately searching for a used one, but since people in my area have to pay so much for them, you can't even seem to find a used one for under $150. Must remember to check out Target next time I go to Spokane!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Sorry to say goobie but I just bought the last ergo at all the Marshall's in my city for $60. I had to drive kinda far and baby went to bed late, but I'm happy. Wish I got is super cheap second hand, but it's also good to have this type of thing new for safety. Thx to who ever mentioned Marshall's!

Also, that beco that faces out looks great. Guess I'm team ergo now! Thanks for all the responces! Oh and I got the camel color, I'm happy. :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My local Marshall's always has them , yesterday they even had the organic one for $70 !