Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

AF after a miscarriage

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Originally when my wife started her mc we had read that an early mc typically just goes into a period, and then o should happen about 2-4 weeks later. She bled for 7 days and then stopped, her numbers were still doubling after having stopped bleeding. We found out through an u/s that she had indeed mc'd and there was no more cells left in there. So now we've been waiting for them to drop. The highest they got was 135 though so not very high at all. Four days ago AF started again, so I'm just wondering a few things.

1) Do we count four days ago as cycle day 1?

2) Did this happen because her numbers had been doubling so it made her stop bleeding after the mc had finished, and then now that the mc finished and her numbers have gone down to 0 (well we assume, she has another week before she goes in for another blood draw) so she is having a "normal" AF?

We know that we want to try again soon, and our MW advised that as long as she is down to zero, and mentally prepared there's no reason for her to wait after that. She did say it'd be easier to figure out ovulation with a normal period in between. I'm not sure if this counts as a normal or not. But we are also okay with just testing every day with the wondfo's and once a line starts on there we'll switch to the frer/cb opks.

Thoughts?
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    I would count that last bleeding as a regular AF. I'd also take a few more pg tests to make sure they are completely negative. This cycle she might ovulate later than usual - if at all, so I would not invest too much money in DS (unless you are using a flexible KD).
    Just some thoughts..
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Thanks, we already have the vials in storage, the investment would be the shipping. We were talking about it tonight and I think what we'll do is go ahead and wait to order until we see a line starting. Even if we have to pay next day shipping it'll still be cheaper than shipping it out here and then no O, returning it and restocking it. Also, we figure that we'd rather have the vials here ready for her to O instead of finding out she O'd and we didn't get to try.

She's suppose to go in on the 29th for a beta.. the only thing is she might be o'ng the weekend before... so we may have her go in for a beta test early to make sure she's at zero before we try.
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png