Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

home insem Q

polkadottiepolkadottie Posts: 10
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
I ordered a vial but not the home insemination kit. I have a needless syring but not a medical collection cup. Can I just pour it into a steril coffee cup or something? It's arriving tommorow. Not sure what to do. I'm guessing this is the world's dumbest question but I don't know where else to ask.

Comments

• scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    You will suck it up from the vial with the syringe, then insert it. No need for a cup.
    ZVvim5.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    What Scorpio said. The vial is really small - you will probably be surprised how small. You just suck it up from the vial with the syringe - totally easy! I think where the confusion may have come from is that NWs insemination kids include soft cups - which are not necessary if using a syringe. Its a different way to insem. You pour the swimmers into the cup and insert it like a tampon. It keeps the swimmers right up by your cervix as long as you like (well up to 12 hours that is)
  • polkadottiepolkadottie Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    Oh, OK, thanks. Now I don't hafta worry about this :P
  • islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    One important detail is that your syringe should be the very thin kind (1ml/ 1 cc) so that it may fit inside the tiny vial to suck up the swimmers.
    6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
    FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
    Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!