Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Swimmers leaking out/Working the same day as insem?

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
We insemmed today, we waited until one cycle after DW's mc (AF showed up about a week or so after the mc ended, and we verified that her hcg was at zero.) We got a positive OPK, right on schedule, yesterday at right around 1pm (with a negative earlier in the day at 10am.) We then waited for 21 hours past +opk (we did 18 hours past the first positive opk when ttcing our son.) She then had her butt up in the air for an hour, and then was in an upward position while watching a movie for another hour. That's all of the positive parts that I feel went really well!

Unfortunately, I also keep feeling like I somehow screwed this up. For the first time, even though I was going slow, a little bit seemed to come back out, which makes me wonder if I even got any of the swimmers in the right spot. We used ICI, so I know just getting it in there will work, but this is the first time anything has come back out so it worries me what if I screwed it up! Does anyone have any stories about times when the swimmers seemed to come back out a little and they still got a BFP or did I just completely mess this try up?

The other part that I am feeling unsure about is that DW had to work today. She works standing, sometimes out in the sun, at Disney. This is the first time she's had to work the same day as an insem. We considered having her call out but because she had to call out on Friday because our son was sick and needed to go to the ped (she had our car) she had to come home. So calling in today would have cost her a reprimand at work. I think it'll be okay because I know lots of women have gotten pregnant while working. Plus she has been working in this heat for a couple of weeks to get her hours in. My main concern is the heat, but she drinks a ton of water to stay hydrated so I think she'll be okay. I guess I'm also looking for stories from others who had to work after the insem that still went on to get bfps?

I have a feeling this TWW is going to drive me crazy, I was so happy when we got a BFP last time and was thinking how relieved I was that I wouldn't have to do the TWW again for another couple of years and then bam! the mc and now ... well I hate the TWW, and we're just on day 1!

Thanks for reading my half-ramble, lol.
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    I have no advice, but wanted to say...sorry about the MC. And, your son is so freakin cute!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this is one of those situations where it could actually be positive to think about how all you need is one teeny tiny little sperm to make it work! Once the sperm is in there, the environment outside of the vagina/uterus really doesn't have too much impact until implantation, you know? So she should be fine, even with work and standing and the heat. You did the best you could to get them in there.. now you just have to wait and see!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Don't. Over. Think.

And sending oodles of positive vibes.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    When I conceived my son in 2008 I might have laid down 10 or 15 minutes after insemination. I also worked as a teacher standing up and had no issues. I know it isn't outside but sometimes I think when we are doing inseminations we over think every aspect of it because we know so much about the process.
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    With the ICI what you get is not all sperm...with that amt. of time the swimmers should have gotten well on their way..what most likely drained out was waste anyway...I hope things work out for you.
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Just relax. :) I know... Easier said than done.

But seriously, it's all fine! You could jump up the instant you were done and the strong ones are already well on their way and will fight their way through. There's even a theory that sperm is designed to swim "upstream" so laying with your butt/feet up may actually be making it harder for them!! :P lol
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always had leakage. I took 3 kids to the zoo the day of my insem when Charlotte was conceived. Best of luck to you guys!
  • insearchofadonorinsearchofadonor Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    I think it will be fine too! :-) In June I was TTC #2 and after I insemmed I only got to lie down for literally 2 mins (versus the 2 hours spent lying down when I TTC #1!) because my son suddenly needed something that I couldn't avoid and I had to stand straight back up again to help him after literally 2 mins. It seriously felt like EVERYTHING flowed out and I instantly thought "Oh well, that's that then! No chance of a BFP this month!" (I only did one insem total that month) and 8 days later............. BFP! So yeah, they definitely do head upwards very quickly it seems to me anyway, going by my experience! And it sounds like it was a lot less leakage in your attempt versus feeling like I literally lost the lot again straight away.

Wishing you and your DW good luck! :-)
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    Think about it this way: all the millions of people who get pregnant the old fashioned way without even trying aren't thinking about leakage, aren't thinking about laying around, butt propped up all day, ARE getting up and going to work or dinner, or wherever....and look how many unplanned pregnancies happen all the time!

Very very quickly the swimmers get into the cervix and even further. And once they do no amount of standing is going to keep them from their goal. :-). Also, a little spillage is totally normal. Try to relax.....I really think you are fine!
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! I know one of my biggest things that I need to work on is overthinking everything. I really appreciate all the words and stories it has made me feel like maybe we are still in and have a chance. Thanks!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    I felt like it all leaked out, but I got a BFP in May. As far as her working, no worries on that. Think about how many people don't find out they're pregnant until 6 weeks or later and they were doing things they shouldn't like drinking, etc before they find out!

It's hot out, but as long as she stays hydrated she'll be good! We were at Disney last weekend and it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. (We're annual pass holders).

You're still in! I'll be looking for the BFP announcement in a couple weeks!
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    OSS, I know it is not even CLOSE to the same situation, but if you have that lucky spermie wanting to do his job, he will do it no matter what. You've seen pics of my Boog, the one I was on birth control AND using condoms and still conceived? Relax. Breathe. And just wait for that beautiful BFP in a few more days.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!