Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Fever...am I out?

islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm 3 dpi and have had a fever with severe allergies for the past 2 days. Do you think this will make this round fail? I wonder if over heating the eggie will damage it somehow so that it can't implant. Anyone??
6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!
Tagged:

Comments

• JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    The new little embaby is still just floating around at 3DPI, and I don't think it's really affected by your temperature at all. Once it initially implants, it is still not really attached to your blood supply for a while. High fevers can be very bad for babies a little later in pregnancy, but at this point I don't think it should have any affect. I hope you feel better!
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    The month I got pregnant with Tiny I had the worst head and chest cold ever, drank Nyquil by the bottle, had a fever, was miserable. And she's a perfectly healthy 21 month old now, so don't count yourself out!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    If you have a fever, you may have an infection from the IUI, which is not abnormal. Have you gone to Dr?
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • 2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    You are never out until AF rears her ugly head!
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
    edited August 2013
    Thanks ladies! It's definitely a head cold or severe allergies with ongoing fever. I did an ICI at home so I don't think it's related to that. I decided not to go to the dr.earlier because I was starting to feel better, but now I'm miserable again. The fever is not too high so I think I'll try to tough it out.
    6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
    FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
    Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies! It's definitely a head cold or severe allergies with ongoing fever. I did an ICI at home so I don't think it's related to that. I decided not to go to the dr.earlier because I was starting to feel better, but now I'm miserable again. The fever is not too high so I think I'll try to tough it out.

Oh,you did an ici! I saw DPI and I assumed. Feel better!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. :( I hope you get better soon.

As for if it will make this cycle fail, I don't think so. I think our bodies are very resistant. Take care of yourself and remember to drink plenty of fluids.