Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Conflicting Clomid Days

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Maybe I'm researching TOO much but I'm seeing conflicting info about the days you take clomid. Why do some people take it on days 4-8 or 5-9 or 3-7? Is it because the later you take it the bigger the follicles? I've also seen some info that suggests the earlier you take it the more chance you have at getting pregnant with multiples. Can someone clear this up for me? I don't see my doc again until CD 12 for a follicle check u/s. I'm on day 3 and just picked up my clomid. The doc told me to take it on days 5-9 this month. I'm guessing that means she'll adjust the days if it doesn't work this month.
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+

Comments

• shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one cycle I took it was CD5-9. That resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The reason I took it 5-9 is because they couldn't see me for a baseline US until CD5
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    CDs 3-7 generally makes more follicles but not as mature. CDs 5-9 generally makes one nice mature follicle.
    ZVvim5.png
  • tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Okay. Thanks everyone. It seems quite a few people have had bad experiences with clomid. I guess I'll find out in the next few days. But, everyone's comments let me know that I need to monitor my CM, etc carefully to see how the clomid affects everything.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I used to take it 5-9 but found out on the cycles I was not using it I was ovulating early and wanted to get the full effect of the clomid so switched to 3-7. It worked once...but lost the baby...waiting to see if it did the trick this time or not. What dose does he have you on? I didn't have too many side effects on the lower doses. I am up to 150 mg. and have mild-migraine headache, bloating and abd pain...but if it will help me get pg I will do it...Good Luck to you!
  • tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Hi Old Mama,

I'm taking 50 mg. I hope I don't have any side effects at this low dose. I'm on day 4 and all day long I've been thinking about taking the clomid tonight instead of in the morning. It's technically less than 10 hours before CD 5. AF usually lasts about 6 days for me. I'll still be bleeding when I start taking the clomid. I wonder how that plays a role in clomid's effect on CM. I'll be monitoring and I'll post the progress. Maybe it will help someone else deciding on whether to use clomid.