Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Baby S Update, with pics :)

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited August 2013 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi All, I know you love baby pics so here is a little update on my little one. :) Baby S is 7&1/2 months now. Hmmm, what to say. Well, being a single mom has been going smoothly for me and I love my little family. Cosleeping/bed sharing is going well. I'm considering buying a king size bed for when baby #2 comes along. ;) I've noticed she doesn't really wake much at night, mostly just wiggles around a little extra and I know it's time to nurse her, so I do that side-lying. My baby wiggles more often or even wakes when she is teething, has a cold coming on, or seems to be going through a developmental leap. These things occur pretty frequently so it's great to be right there for her when she needs me. I am working on a room for her, but expect her to continue to want to sleep in the 'family bed' for quite some time. We'll see! Something that works for us is considering wiggly babies as part of life and avoid the terms 'problem' and 'regression'. It works in our house, just sharing in case it might be a solution for another new mom. :D And this time is going to pass way too soon.

She just had two teeth start to pop in on the bottom! Yesterday the daycare lady pointed them out to me! Daycare is going just fine. It was a tough transition from the sitter to daycare for S. She did go through some crying at nap time, but she and the daycare worker have adjusted to each other. I love that my daycare has one main person for the babies so S can have a nice attachment to her while I am away, usually 6 hours.

S is not crawling yet but she scoots around. I love that I got a shih tzu puppy while pregnant because they play together! They are playing right now. She is in one of those old activity seats with the wheels and he has one of her toys and she is kinda trying to run into him, so cute!

She is now digesting any new foods and no more diaper rash. The rash was for the first week or so of solids and we just backed down on the solids till the rash calmed down, then only gave her stuff I knew she could tolerate. Now she can eat those veggies with out a rash! :)

To the soon-to-be first time moms, I'm shocked at how easy this really is, don't be scared. ;) I am humbly grateful that S has not had any major illness since one month old. OK, I do wake up tired and a little sad I can't sleep in, but that's usually the dogs fault, lol! I do have a hard time getting stuff done and put things off longer than usual. So, I try to keep life as simple as possible and go one day at a time. I guess this was an update on mommy-hood and the baby.

I will post pics when I have time today, but I wanted to get this written!

This is her at about 6 months. I love her!:
7E27EB28-3016-4800-A4AC-D64EAAE41AC7-2075-00000394B58F3879.jpg

This is S with her brother:
1DA269A4-4A6C-4728-9823-616A85FA18ED-2075-0000039537D47988.jpg

This was a couple days ago, her first time riding in the shopping cart! (I kept a hand on her pretty much the whole time. ;)
E527213B-517C-4A6C-939E-8F9559D6EEE8-3732-0000077956A50505.jpg
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Can't wait to see pictures. What a nice little update - it's crazy to think she's already 7.5 months old!!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    can't wait to see pics. what a great update! i agree that first time moms shouldn't be scared. you just kinda ease into it. everything happens slowly enough to not feel too overwhelmed (IMO).
  • SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a cutie...love all that hair!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    She is so cute. Great update!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is adorable. I agree with you that being a single parent isn't as hard as people seem to thing it is. I am glad that you are enjoying life. A piece of advice...be careful with putting the hair up. I had my 22 month olds hair up like that daily as and infant, and I am now having to deal with a big bald spot in the middle of her head. The pedi called it traction alopecia. I had no idea that this existed. The hair is slowly growing in, but it is obvious.
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    She is such a sweetheart! And it sounds like she has a great brother too :) Thanks for the update!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    thanks ladies! and thanks, katydid for the hair advise. i am lucky it didnt naturally fall out, so i want to keep it that way!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Those big, beautiful eyes!
    ZVvim5.png
  • summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Great update! Beautiful eyes!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    She's a cutie :) I must be doing something wrong though because being a single parent is incredibly hard in my eyes! Much harder than I thought it would be.
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Very cute!!! I think being a 2 parent household is hard! I can't imagine doing it single (but know that I would figure it out if I had to).
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    look at those beautiful eyes!