Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Huge sigh of relief! Third beta is in and good.

quietlyhopefulquietlyhopeful Posts: 13
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
My third beta is in and the nurse transitioned from overly cautious to congratulatory. My level is 153. I am so relieved!

Here's the pertinent data for those interested.
My period started the evening of 07-31-13. The practice counts day 1 as the first half or full day of flow.
08-01-13 is cycle day 1 per the practice policy.
08-03-13 begin femara. This is my first time taking a medication for fertility.
08-12-13 I noticed the first LH change. Now according to my history I would have another 24 to 36 hours from this point until a smiley. The practice asks that you inseminate the day following when you notice the first change.
08-13-13 IUI on day 13. I don't think I ovulated on day 13 but as I don't temp nor do I track ferning I'm not sure when I did ovulate.
08-23-13 BFP late in the evening from very light from concentrated urine. Giant shocker. Best friends had to look at the squinter to confirm.
08-26-13 Hcg beta 22. I was told to remain very cautious and guarded.
08-28-13 Beta now 60. It doubled in roughly 34 hours. Still advised to remain cautious abet less guarded.
08-30-13 Beta 153. It doubled in just under 32 hours. Congratulated.

An ultrasound is scheduled for September 20th at 4 pm. I should be at the beginning of my eighth week of pregnancy although I bet I ovulated later than the practice anticipated. I am slightly disappointed that I'm not going to be able to take a peek earlier but I'm so happy with the increasing beta levels that I'm going to suck it up.

So that's my good news for the day. Ohhh... How the hell do you keep from telling everyone? When I thought about becoming pregnant I swore I would tell folks when I could no longer hide it. I've a large torso, wide hips, and more than a few curves so I thought I could reasonably hide it through the first two trimesters.

I've now told 5 people. I can't seem to shut up. Is this the beginning of the end of most of my baby planning follow through? I sense that I might start winging it here.
Tagged:

Comments

• irisgrace61irisgrace61 Posts: 203
    edited November -1
    Wonderful news!
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I told a handful of people, then didn't tell anyone else until I was very close to my third trimester. That was fun! People were surprised. I think it made it go by quicker.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am glad things are going well for you and baby.
  • poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    That's great news
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    yay!!! so glad your betas went up. :)
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    That's great!! Keep on going!! :)
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    I'm glad your betas are going up and doubling so quickly. Congratulations.

I'm not good at not telling people either. I'm at 6w,5d and I've told my parents, my sister, four friends, his dad, and his kids. It's a hard secret to keep BC it's so exciting!!!!
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Great news!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the wonderful news!! We couldn't keep the news to ourselves either!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN