Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Uggh! So mad! Scammed!

jlfttcjlfttc Posts: 35
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So, I went out on a limb & bought meds from that free garage sale website that I found listed here in the forums. I never got the meds after paying the girl for them & there's no way to get my money back. Now I'm out $100! People are so cruel knowing that we are all just trying so hard to get pregnant & playing on our emotions. All I needed was Clomid. I just thought if I could help someone out by buying their leftover meds, then we'd both benefit. Shame on me for trusting strangers.

Comments

• jitterymojitterymo Posts: 137
    edited November -1
    $100 for Clomid, is that a normal price? My insurance thankfully covered mine, and it was only $5. I'm sorry that people are so rude. I'm sure you have good karma to come!
    TTC#1
    insem on 10/2/13 - BFN (AF early!)
    insem on 10/30/13 - BFP, (miscarriage)
  • ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I'm sorry you were ripped off. $100 for Clomid seems pricey. Call around to different pharmacies and see what you can find!
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited September 2013
    $4 dollars for each quantity of 5 at Walmart, girl!

I was just discussing this with a friend. Was it a COD situation? Can you stop payment?
  • MeetTheBrownsMeetTheBrowns Posts: 190
    edited November -1
    Awe, I'm so sorry that happened. $100 is a bit much for clomid tho. I pay about $9 for 5 of the generic form and $18 for 10 without insurance.
    27063_541015743588_7092397_n.jpg

Together since 10/28/2005, married since 03/07/2009, TTC #1 02/08/12 - BFN. TTC #2 10/9/12 - BFN. TTC #3 June 2013 - BFN
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    First I was so determined myself the first couple of years NOT to use a dr. for anything and I bought off the internet a couple times some clomid from a pharmacy overseas...but when I think what I did now...wow...I really regret it....you may have dodged a bullet...you wouldn't have known for sure what you are getting. I am sorry this happened but save up if you have to get an appt. with an RE...I wish I had a long time ago and I do understand completely why you reached out like that.
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    And if you don't want to use fertility doctors, you can most likely get a prescription from your OB at your annual exam. Ours did - although we did not need it since we did not have problems ovulating (didn't get pregnant anywhere near the 2 cycles we tried with Clomid) and really that is all C is good for - that and turning a normal person hormonally crazy for awhile.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    If you paid by Paypal you can fail a claim.
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    If you paid by credit card your credit card company should help you. They automatically assume the customer is telling the truth and the burden of proof is on the seller to prove otherwise. Call them! Typically they will automatically refund you and then if they determine later you were in the wrong after all they will adjust it back.
  • jamie.pfiesterjamie.pfiester Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    If you went through paypal and did it was payment for goods not a gift, then you should be able to file a claim to get your money back! It is sad that people pray on someone who just wants to have a baby!
    edited November -1
    That site uses FEDEX COD, I believe -- and I'm not certain if there is any recourse on their end. But I defintely call and ask. No harm in that.

And as PP said, I'd definitely call the credit card and file a report for a fradulent charge. Good luck to you. So sorry this happened.
  • The k familyThe k family Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    What a horible thing to do to someone :(
    8RbZacP.jpg8RbZm6.png
  • homebirthmomhomebirthmom Posts: 67
    edited September 2013
    you can get clomid off of inhousepharmacy for $20 or $1.25 each. no perscrip needed
  • jlfttcjlfttc Posts: 35
    edited November -1
    you can get clomid off of inhousepharmacy for $20 or $1.25 each. no perscrip needed

Have you used this pharmacy?
    edited September 2013
    Ever tried Freedom Pharmacy? Think you might need a prescription but its well worth the discount prices!