Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

When did you inseminate?

syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been following this forum religously for the past month or so. My wife and I did our very first insemination this past Friday around 12:30pm (she left work early). We got our +OPK Thursday when she got home around 6:00pm. She had a lot of EWCM thursday and said that morning she felt the most "in the mood". We thought about inseminating that night but I was afraid it was too early and was hoping she'd still have the same symptons Friday. Unfortunately, Friday the EWCM was all gone! What I hope will be our saving grace is she did the big "O" before and several times after but I don't know if that fluid will act the same as the EWCM.....we only used 1 ICI vial (surprised at how little there was in there!).

Negative OPK = Thursday 6am (mild cramping, EWCM)
Positive OPK=Thursday 6pm (lots of EWCM, cramping)
Insemination = Friday 12:30 pm (dry, all day cramping)

Has anyone had any luck with BFP when EWCM was not present? And what were you're symptons when you inseminated ("in the mood", tons of fluid, +OPK, etc). Will the 'arousal fluid' help, hurt or neither?

Thank you!
Stephanie

Me(30) DW (31)
TTC #1 First Attempt= TWW

P.S. How do you get the signatures so I don't have to type our info everytime? Thanks!
tt1d79f4
tt1b89c8.aspx
Tagged:

Comments

• scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    My bfp was the month I didn't pay attention to my body signs, only the clock and aimed for close to 20 hours post smiley. Your timing sounds great and if you get a bfn, you can try to line it up with the cm next month. Hopefully you won't have to try again!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    scifimom wrote:
    My bfp was the month I didn't pay attention to my body signs, only the clock and aimed for close to 20 hours post smiley. Your timing sounds great and if you get a bfn, you can try to line it up with the cm next month. Hopefully you won't have to try again!

Sigh of relief, thank you, this makes me feel a lot better! I was so worried we killed all those swimmers! Whether we get the BFP this time or not, this will make it a much easier TWW!! And congratulations to you :)!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:
    Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been following this forum religously for the past month or so. My wife and I did our very first insemination this past Friday around 12:30pm (she left work early). We got our +OPK Thursday when she got home around 6:00pm. She had a lot of EWCM thursday and said that morning she felt the most "in the mood". We thought about inseminating that night but I was afraid it was too early and was hoping she'd still have the same symptons Friday. Unfortunately, Friday the EWCM was all gone! What I hope will be our saving grace is she did the big "O" before and several times after but I don't know if that fluid will act the same as the EWCM.....we only used 1 ICI vial (surprised at how little there was in there!).

Negative OPK = Thursday 6am (mild cramping, EWCM)
    Positive OPK=Thursday 6pm (lots of EWCM, cramping)
    Insemination = Friday 12:30 pm (dry, all day cramping)

Has anyone had any luck with BFP when EWCM was not present? And what were you're symptons when you inseminated ("in the mood", tons of fluid, +OPK, etc). Will the 'arousal fluid' help, hurt or neither?

Thank you!
    Stephanie

Me(30) DW (31)
    TTC #1 First Attempt= TWW

P.S. How do you get the signatures so I don't have to type our info everytime? Thanks!

We did not have EWCM & went with 12hrs then 20hrs post +OPK...then I noticed my temp still had not risen, so we did a 3rd insem at 40hrs...had 3 vials, and we think it was the last one that did the job :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    Like Scifimom, my BFP was the month I wasn't paying attention to anything - I didn't even temp. It was Thanksgiving weekend and there was so much going on, I just insemmed Saturday and Sunday morning and hoped for the best. And the best is currently asleep on my chest. :-)

But your timing does sound good, try not to stress!
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    For a signature, you go to the blue band at the top of the forum screen and click on the link that says "profile." Signature is a link inside that.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
    edited November -1
    aplusa wrote:
    For a signature, you go to the blue band at the top of the forum screen and click on the link that says "profile." Signature is a link inside that.
    Thank you!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
    edited September 2013
    Alright then, I'm in it to win it! Here's to getting my hopes up! Thanks to everyone for the reassuring replies!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx