Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Using expired NW OPKs, worth it?

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi All, I have been tracking my cycle a little bit since it returned post baby. I have some old NW freebie OPKs. I don't need them to pin point ovulation for an insemination right now. They expired in 2011! Do you think it would be worth using them at all? Thanks for your thoughts. Baby dust!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png

Comments

• babystarbabystar Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As much as we spend in one cycle Id say throw em away and buy new! :)
    dogdogcrd20050429_-8_Braden+Matthew++is.png
    catcatavi20100915_-23_Addison+is.png
    foxfoxabu20120203_-23_Cullen+is.png
    eleelesdg20141229_1_Ella%20Jeanne%20is.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't use them...you want accurate info. I know it bites the wallet to buy them though.
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't use them, they won't be accurate and you'll learn nothing.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're just doing it for fun and you're going to throw them away anyway...why not pee on them first???
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    OK I'm not going to use them. It's not for inseming anytime soon, but I do want accurate info. I was hoping maybe they don't actually go bad and someone knew that for sure. We can hope! For now I'll just get a box of 20 smileys and just use them sparingly for now. Thanks ladies!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    It would depend on how many I had. Do you have a tone? Why not try using them along with the smilies and see if they are accurate? Could be frustrating but could be an interesting experiment since you have time to play around :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Good idea. I do have a ton of them.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png