Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

First ICI cycle... Have questions.

smykalssmykals Posts: 7
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Okay. Last night was my wife and I's first ICI. We did a one treatment ICI cycle. I juat have a few questions. Tjis morning she has been having a heavy feeling in her lower stomach, some naseau, very tired, and a yellow reddish creamy discharge. Is this all normal after an ICI? I am really lost as to what to expect during the TWW period.
Tagged:

Comments

• babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i'd hate to say it, but you're just going to have to wait a bit longer for real symptoms. lol. i know during my tww after my first ici cycle years ago, i was searching for symptoms immediately, reading into every tiny twinge i had. when i actually became pregnant, i was completely clueless about it until around 14 dpo, when i started feeling nauseous.

as far as the discharge goes, honestly, it's probably the ici ejaculate mixed with her body fluids coming back out. that's pretty normal. i mean, where else can it go but back out?
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    the reddish part would have me worried, though. how, exactly, did she insem? did she do it directly into the cervix or just near it?
  • smykalssmykals Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Outside of the cervix using the syringe.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November 2013
    Yes, very normal. I TTC for almost 6 yrs. and every single time I had cramps, heavy feeling in abd and once in a while nausea. Sometimes they would only last a day and other times longer. The pink could simply be scratching the vagina with a syringe or cath.
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also had the cramping each time, and I remember the first time causing a good bit of anxiety. The blood tinge could have just been a scratch from the syringe or checking for signs. Best of luck!
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing the reddish discharge is from scratching the cervix with the catheter or messing with t while checking. Everything else I think has more to do with being hyper aware of her body in ways she normally isn't. When we are TTC EVERY little thing is so much more noticinle than usual!
  • smykalssmykals Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    That is what I am figuring out. I am so praying that this works. But with it being our first cycle with only one ICI, I am fairly unsure what the outcome will be.