Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

For those that have been through IVF....input needed

cassandra1021cassandra1021 Posts: 8
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello All,

I know everyone's body and IVF cycles are different but I'm just trying to get a little insight before I start my IVF cycle especially with the holidays coming and such. How long was your actually IVF cycle...from AF to actually ER and ET? I'm expecting AF this weekend, so I'll go in for my baseline and we'll go from there with a schedule. I'm not doing BCP pills just Lupron during the LP. Any input is greatly appreciated! :D

Cassandra :)
Tagged:

Comments

• aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Well, I did BCPs, so ill try and be as specific as possible.

Around January 1- started BCPs
    January 27 - Stopped BCPs
    January 30 - Cycle Day 1 of my LAST menstrual period!! (Not forever, but ...)
    February 4 - Started stims
    February 14 - Egg retrieval
    February 19 - 5-Day Transfer, 1 Perfect embryo
    February 25 - Positive HPT!!!
    March 1 - Positive beta at RE's office

Other than the 30th, 14th, and 19th - I may be off a day or two. But that's the basic schedule I had.

We had one last Thanksgiving IUI and then spent Christmas prepping ourselves for IVF. Once you start, it goes by soooo quickly!

Good luck... One of my IVF successes is refusing to nap at this very moment.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Are you doing long Lupron protocol? That's quite a but different. I know one board member did it, but I haven't seen her post much lately. If you don't get a good response, check out New Hope Fertility clinic in NYC. I think they have a nice schedule. Did your RE not give you a schedule yet?
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • cassandra1021cassandra1021 Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much Apulsa for your reply. I don't have a schedule yet, I was told once I come in for my Day 3 baseline and bloodwork, I'll get the schedule then. I don't even know what medicines I'll be on. Doc wanted to see an updated AFC for me before deciding. As for the Lupron...again no idea if it's the Short or Long Protocol. I can't do BCP for other help reasons so he said he didn't want to suppress me too much and then have to wake the body back up since I have Stage 3 Endo. I'm so stressed, nervous, but excited. We changing holiday plans, so I just wanted to get an idea if ER and ET would happen in Dec or Jan. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT! :)
  • halfgigglehalfgiggle Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    I started the Lupron protocol my last cycle (cancelled due to cysts) and they told me that ER would be approximately 10 to 15 days after baseline depending on my response to the stims. Due to the cysts my doctor switched me to antagonist protocol to start next cycle.
    DYsMm4.png
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I did BCP and antagonist protocol, so I may not be as much help, but my cycle looked like this:

Feb 26 AF starts
    March 3 start BCP
    March 23 last BCP
    March 25 last AF starts
    March 27 baseline u/s and start stims that evening
    April 1 follicle scan
    April 3 follicle scan, start Ganirelix
    April 5 follicle scan
    April 6 follie scan, E2 very high, coasted to avoid overstim
    April 7 follie scan, did one tiny shot of menopur to "feed follicles"
    1:30am April 8 Lupron trigger (80 units)
    April 9 1:30pm Egg retrieval
    April 14 5-day transfer 2 embryos
    April 21 BFP on HPT
    April 23 beta positive
    ZVvim5.png
  • cassandra1021cassandra1021 Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Thanks Scorpiogrl7, I appreciate your input. I'm just so confused and anxious I guess. I just called my nurse to get clarity because I just found out thier lab closes the last 2 weeks in Dec for cleaning, so I don't see out a ER or ET is possible until early Jan. Idk....hopefully it'll all work out the way it's meant to....thanks for your response!

I did BCP and antagonist protocol, so I may not be as much help, but my cycle looked like this:

Feb 26 AF starts
    March 3 start BCP
    March 23 last BCP
    March 25 last AF starts
    March 27 baseline u/s and start stims that evening
    April 1 follicle scan
    April 3 follicle scan, start Ganirelix
    April 5 follicle scan
    April 6 follie scan, E2 very high, coasted to avoid overstim
    April 7 follie scan, did one tiny shot of menopur to "feed follicles"
    1:30am April 8 Lupron trigger (80 units)
    April 9 1:30pm Egg retrieval
    April 14 5-day transfer 2 embryos
    April 21 BFP on HPT
    April 23 beta positive