Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Trying for #2!

TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
edited November -1 in Our Train of Hope
So today I will be scheduling shipment of our swimmers to arrive on 11/8. We have enough stored vials for several attempts, but I'm still nervous about running out of our donor. My wife has expressed interest in choosing a new donor if we run out, but I'm not 100% on board with that, so I hope that it isn't necessary. Anyway, I will begin taking clomid tomorrow. I was hoping it'd be a monitored cycle, but my OB has decided against it. I will admit that I'm more nervous this go around than I was the first time. I don't feel as prepared, but at the same time I feel more experienced and just worried about it not working. I am afraid that I won't handle a BFN very well, as I've never had to experience one. I thought I was out when I got preggo with my son because of spotting, and I was very upset. So, the plan is to try and replicate my BFP from 3 years ago. The only difference is that the OB wants me to take clomid days 3-7 instead of 5-9. I'm also a little concerned because my period came a couple days earlier than expected. It's not unheard of for me to have a 27 day cycle, but I'm usually closer to 29/30. So tomorrow ill take my clomid, then swimmers arrive on the 8th, and I'll also start taking a dose a day of guaifenesin from the 8-12 (starting ~ 5 days before O). I should surge between the 11th and 14th, and we'll insem within 8 hours of positive OPK and again 8-12 hours later. From last time I've garnered that I O fairly soon after surging. Then to start eating some pineapple! Testing should be right around thanksgiving...so hopefully we have something to be thankful for!

Comments

• TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    Status update: guess the clomid is doing SOMETHING because I've been more irritable in the last 2 days than I usually am when I get PMS! :/
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Good Luck and I too hope you have a great announcement for your family on Thanksgiving Day....
    edited November 2013
    Thanks old mama!

Status update: day three of clomid and I have a dull headache that just won't go away. Perhaps it's a combination of mental (I want to clomid to work, so I'm "getting" some of the side effects) and physical (I do get HAs often, but I usually take something for it and in prep for not being able to, I've cut out unnecessary OTC meds).

Period has been unusually light...
    edited November -1
    Status update: more headache today! I had to take some Advil today to make it bearable at work. I'm still a crabby patty; my mood just sucks. I've also noticed my BBT has been up. A quick google search seems to indicate that is the clomid too. I didn't have ANY of these symptoms the last time, although it was a different name brand of clomid. I'm starting to overthink things...
    edited November -1
    Status update: no HA today. Did have some mild twinges on left side (only ovary). They only happened 2-3 times and I of course over thought it, but I'm guessing its nothing. Cervix is in a low position, but did notice some eggwhite-ish CM which is very uncharacteristic for this point in my cycle. I'm not feeling really solid about this cycle...
    edited November -1
    Status update: received our shipment on the 8th. Everything looked good with our vials during inspection. I've been completely dry in the CM dept since taking clomid, and this morning the ewcm came in! I'm feelin some twingey sensations on the left. I remember this happened 2 days before positive OPK with my son. I took some mucinex this am also. My cervical position is fairly high. The OPK has JUST started to change tho. Before this am it was stark white, but now there is definitely a second line (albeit light). I'm going to start testing 2 times a day now and bringing in the smiley face OPK as well. Hopefully this means good things!
    edited November -1
    Status update: for the SECOND time ever in life I was greeted this morning (9:30 Am) with a :) !

Yesterday I woke up to TONS of ewcm and twinges. OPKs were light, but finally changing. I did my first cbe digi OPK @ 2:30 and it was very negative. I did another at 10 pm and it was a lot darker, but I was thinking it would prob get positive by Wednesday at that rate. I took one at 5:00 this AM with FMU (I know your aren't supposed to really) but it was clearly darker than even 10 pm's! I held my pee at work until 9:30 and it was positive! My wife was cheering on the phone! As soon as I get home we are going to do our first insem. Then another I'm thinking 8 hours later. I'm very excited to see that the clomid has worked!
    edited November -1
    Status update:
    We are officially 0dpi (almost 8 hours past our first insem)! I tried to recreate my bfp cycle as much as possible.

BFP cycle was 3/30/10: I took clomid days 5-9, jumped the gun and insemmed cd16, positive opk cd 18, insemmed 3 hours after positive opk, crosshairs for ovulation cd19, bfp 11 days later.

This cycle was 10/30/13: I took clomid days 3-7 per OB instructions, took only 3 doses of mucinex, held off until positive opk this time on cd 14, insemmed 4.5 hours later, and will insem again at midnight (10 hours after 1st insem), hoping to test on 11/24.

I think our timing sounds good, although I'm going to be waiting for those crosshairs. Our donor has 8 known pregnancies, and all but 1 have gotten preggo on their first attempt with him. The last one we just don't know because of limited info shared. I'm hoping good timing + powerful swimmers = BFP!
    edited November -1
    Status update:
    Did our midnight insem and now getting up 4 hours later kinda sucks. Especially since my temp was at normal pre-O level this am. I was hoping to see a dip, or hell, the spike! I guess time will be the judge now...
    edited November -1
    Status update: cervix is much harder than yesterday and earlier today. Still feels slightly open and medium high. Still some stretchy cm but I noticed its becoming stickier. Still had twinges, albeit mild, on left side off and on today. I'm hoping our midnight insem covers us if I ovulated later than expected. I fiddled around on FF and if my temps go up for the next 3 days it will give me crosshairs today. That would be reassuring. My wife is really excited; even after I shared with her the reservations I have regarding this cycle. I hope her optimism carries us through to a Thanksgiving BFP. :)
    edited November -1
    Status update:

This AM i got the temp dip that I was expecting the day before. So I should expect for my temps to start trending up tomorrow. Which means my timing was off; we definitely insemmed too soon. The only "hope" I'm holding onto right now is that even though our 2nd insem was at midnight, I put an instead cup in until 5 the next morning...idk if that extends my window but I'm hoping. I think my timing should have been 8 hours past + OPK and 24 hours later. But, I was trying to follow what I did with my sons cycle. *shrugs* :/
    edited November -1
    Status update: temp went up today, just like I thought it would. So I'm hanging on to a glimmer of hope the swimmers from the midnight insem were still alive and waiting for the egg when I ovulated about 24 hours later. It's a long shot, but its all I've got right now! :/
    edited November -1
    Status update:
    Officially 3dpo (4&5 dpi), and my temps are way up. I know it is probably in my head (dw and I are trying to distance ourselves as much as possible from this cycle incase of bfn) but my appetite is way up (kinda insatiable) and I was looking at a picture today (one that I've seen a few times before) and really had to hold back tears. I'm not saying that "means" anything, but it is just what I noticed. This could also all be related to the stress I currently feel...
    edited November -1
    Status Update:

This could all be in my head, but I keep having a "full" feeling in my lower abdomen and my cm has changed to sticky/creamy.
    edited November -1
    Status Update:

Idk if it was the dumb bra I was wearing (normally dont wear this one) but 4 hours after taking it off my nipples are very sensitives.
    edited November -1
    Status update:

May be completely unrelated but I just had the weirdest dream...and I remember it ALL. There were co-workers in it, my family, my kid, my wife, my mom's house, my OB and her husband were there, Miley Cyrus and her "sisters." It was like some jacked up slumber party with no real point and no real reason for any of them to be there. Right before I woke up everyone had either left or was on their way out. Totally unusual dream and I can remember the details from start to finish right now. Just wanted to get that out of my head before I forget.
    edited November -1
    Status update:

Boobs mildly hurting/sensitive again today. Breast tenderness is not usually a pre-period sign for me. Temps are still high.
    edited November -1
    Status update:

6 DPO.
    Feeling very stressed regarding OB/RE, and subsequent cycles.
    Very on edge/moody.
    Little to no cm of any variety.
    Breast tenderness generally localized to right breast for last 1-2 days.
    Temps still up and holding pretty much steady.
    Haven't worked out in nearly 2 weeks - I'll go when AF shows up.
    edited November -1
    Status update:

My tits hurts and I'm moody as hell. Period or preggo? Hurry up TWW!
    edited November -1
    Status update:
    At 7dpo I went to RE to discuss next cycle. She wants me on metformin and to do a monitored clomid cycle with a trigger shot. My boobs were hurting badly yesterday and I had one instance in the evening of lotion like cm. Otherwise, I'm still mostly dry. I had some renewed sense of hope after the RE because she said my timing looked good. Yesterday I was bubbly and happy.

Today at 8dpo I woke up to a slight temp drop (not even below...or close to cover line) but for some reason seeing that drop changed my focus again and I'm feeling very negative right now. Cm is dry again and boobs are mildly sensitive.

How much of this **** is in my head? I wish I were a little further into the TWW where testing wouldn't seem crazy.

It'd be so great if I were preggo...
    edited November -1
    Status update:
    I just realized that all these symptoms may mean nothing. I don't usually ovulate, and it was confirmed that I did (saw corpus luteum on US), so these things that I'm feeling may just be "normal" precursor for AF...just I don't usually feel them. Boy is that a sad revelation...
    edited November -1
    Status update:

Around 11 pm last night I went to the restroom. I wiped and saw a tint of red on the TP. Wiped again and got a creamy mucous booger like glob. Wiped a third time and brighter red blood...but just a bit. My period isn't due for 4-5 days.

Yesterday morning I was 8dpo and has a temp dip, lower than any temp since O. This morning my temp spiked to almost a full degree above my cover line. The highest this cycle. No blood on the TP this am.

On 8dpo with my son I started spotting a little, and on 11 DPO I got a faint bfp. I wanted to test so bad, but I don't want to feel disappointment (and I am also too early if implantation occurred yesterday).

However, I have renewed hope! But...now my hopes are high. I'm so scared that they could come crashing down, but I still feel hopeful.
    edited November -1
    Should not have temped this AM. I'm out of town, coldest day of year, different bed, different ambient temp, broken sleep, regular thermometer (not the basal I have at home)....it was a bad idea to temp. Cuz now all I can think about is how my temp dropped a full degree! I was so hopeful yesterday...and so crushed this AM. I was going to test this afternoon...idk now.
    edited November -1
    A thought just crossed my mind: what if it was NEVER implantation and just some kind of trauma the day after my vaginal US. I've never bled from a vaginal ultrasound before, but it could be that.
    edited November -1
    Take 2.

I took clomid cd 3-7 again, added metformin (but I'm not really compliant with that). Started testing last Friday and got an almost pos OPK...subsequent tests were lighter and lighter so I thought metformin had moved my O date up and I'd missed my window. Especially after I had 2 days with elevated temps. I resigned myself to send the sperm back. But I kept testing cuz I'm a poas whore. They started getting dark again. I was hoping for a smiley last pm, but I got it this am with fmu. So my guess is I surged sometime between 11-4 last night. Body seems on board with this: lots of ewcm, cervix is pretty SHOW, positive OPK. Then there is my temps. They were back up this am. Wtf?! Everything seems on board except my bbt. I'm not sleeping great and its way colder than normal and we have our heater on and I'm actually using a heavy blanket. I could throw one erroneous temp out, but 3??? I think I'm going to put away the bbt thermometer for the remainder of this cycle. We're gonna insem about 12/24 or 15/30 depending how things work out. I'll start progesterone after 48 hours. Testing right around Christmas Eve.
    edited November -1
    5 am insem went well. I'm feeling good about my timing...right now. I can already tell this is going to be a difficult TWW. I don't even have confirmed ovulation and I already have this urge/gut feeling that I just NEED to know if it worked. My wife wants me to wait until after Xmas to test, but with me taking progesterone, I need to test to find out if I need to stop the medication to allow a period to come if HPT is negative. I wish I had something that could reliably take my mind off of this!
    edited November -1
    Took out instead cup around 3 and noticed there were "drops" of red blood suspended in ewcm. I suspect either trauma from insem or ovulation bleeding. It only took 1 wipe and then it was clear again. I seem a little drier now too. I think I ovulated today.
    edited November -1
    Temps are ever so slightly up, but it appears that FF will confirm ovulation with crosshairs on cd16 (12/11) making me 2 DPO right now. My timing looks WAY better this month. I'm also on progesterone 200 mg a day vaginally. Eating some pineapple right now. I wish my temps were more reassuring, but I've really got my fingers crossed for this cycle.
    edited November -1
    Ok, did I seriously almost well up at the friggin' elf on the shelf TV movie?! WTF?
    edited November -1
    Took 100 mg clomid days 5-9 (I took dr's out of the equation this month and went with my gut). I got my positive smiley opk today at 9:00 am. I have progesterone to take starting 3 days after insem. We'll insem at 12 and 24 hours. I hope this works.