Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

One year photo bomb and update!

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited January 2014 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi! My baby is now officially a toddler. She turned 1 on Jan 11th.

The day after Christmas, we were at my parents house and my mom ran and told me that S just took a couple steps! So I went downstairs and while S was holding onto a chair, I held out my arms and said her name and she took these two wobbly steps towards me! It was straight out of a movie or something. It was so wonderful. She still prefers creeping around holding onto things. I'm sure the hands-free walking is going to take hold any day now.

Just this past week she started refusing baby mush at daycare so we stopped that altogether. So I've been packing food from home, to feed herself, and it's hit or miss if she will eat any particular meal. She has been feeding herself meals outside daycare (most of what I eat) with her hands for awhile now. So it seems she is in a phase with eating or not eating as the case may be. (Edited this to explain better.)

I am grateful to say she is still breastfeeding and I'm pumping right now! I love breastfeeding and I will encourage S to nurse for as long as possible.

Words cannot express how wonderful and amazing this last year has been. Starting a family makes life so much more magical. My little girl is so sweet and funny and beautiful. She has brought a lot of light and love to her whole family. I'm humbly grateful she has not been seriously ill since she was one month old (short hospital stay for RSV.)

Good luck to those still TTC! It will be worth it and then some.
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    happy birthday, little s! it's hard to believe she's one! what a cutie patootie!

love the pic of both of you. :)
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy birthday! She's adorable. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
  • wateringcan7wateringcan7 Posts: 200
    edited November -1
    So sweet. Happy 1 year!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing
    #1 IUI 11/19/13 unmedicated BFN
    #2 IUI 12/22/13 clomid 50 mg day 3-7 BFN #3 IUI 12/23/13 BFN
    #4 IUI 2/14/14 unmedicated BFN

th_image-9.jpg
  • beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    Aww happy birthday to your little one! She's a cutie - and you're very pretty! Thanks for sharing!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Aww, that picture of the two of you is so sweet. What a beautiful little family! :) Happy one year to S!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Love your pics!!! I can't believe she turned 1 already! Time flies, huh?
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is adorable. Get ready for the forehead bruises. Happy Birthday S!
  • alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    Awww....how cute! She a little lefty? :-) Thanks for sharing!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    One already?!? My goodness!

Congratulations on the steps and the SPOON! Even if they are both still intermittent. ;)

Lovely!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone!

Alp, I heard they switch back and forth with hand dominance at this age. I don't know that for sure. I would love for her to be a lefty, I have heard great things about being left-handed. My dad is left-handed, but can go either way due to it being normal to require right-hand writing when he was little. I actually wanted a left handed donor, but that didn't work out. :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Those eyes! What a little angel! Congrats on your blossoming lil toddler!