Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Fluke-y High Temperatures Pre-O? (To Ship or Not to Ship?)

birdiesemmabirdiesemma Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello!

This is my first time posting, and I'm hoping that the collective experience on the board can give me some advice.

I've been temping and using opks to track ovulation for the better part of a year (took a few months off in the middle) and monitoring other fertility signs for the last few cycles as well. Based on the data I've collected, I felt confident that I had a very predictable cycle 29 or 30 days; ovulation day 17 or 18 fairly shortly after LH surge (i.e. within 24 hours). This month was the first that we were going to AI at home, and, of course, the month that it counts, everything goes all crazy.

To give you a frame of reference, my pre-O temps are usually in the 97.18-97.4 range, going up to 97.45-97.6 the day after my LH surge and up again to the 97.7-97.8 range for the rest of the cycle. This month on CD8 my temperature spiked .4 degrees from the previous day to 97.58. The following two day's, my temp was 97.45 (lower though still high for a pre-O temp for me) and the next two days were within my normal pre-O range (97.18 and 97.33). Today I had another fluke-y high temp at 97.6, 1.5 degrees higher than the previous day, my highest temp all cycle, and right on the threshold of what I consider a normal post-O temp for me. Oh, I double check with two different thermometers, so I don't think it's the thermometer:-)

A few factors might be influencing these unusual temperatures:
1. I've been a bit under the weather. Not sick enough to stay home from work or anything but definitely a stuffy nose and feeling a bit run down. I took my temp during the day and it was nearly 99 which is a low-grade fever for me since I'm generally below 98.6.
2. I was super-excited about trying this month.
3. I've had some very unusual (not necessarily negative but definitely roller-coaster ride-y) sources of stress this month. I'm a type-A perfectionist, so I'm used to a certain amount of stress and put myself under a lot of pressure, but the events of this month have definitely been different (they're also short-term, so this source of stress will be over in the next week).

I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and have our order shipped for Friday as planned or just forget about it for this month and save the shipping costs. Given that my temps have been up and down, I don't think I've O'd already (the first spike was so early in the cycle I hadn't been using opks so I don't know if there was an LH surge) and know that being a little sick could explain the slightly elevated temps, but I'm worried that things have been so off this month that I can't count on ovulating as predicted. On the other hand, I'm not exactly a spring chicken (36), and I'd hate to waste a cycle of trying. I know that if I don't have the order shipped and ovulate this weekend as I expect, I'll be kicking myself.

What would you do?
Tagged:

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go for it, if you feel that you have a good handle on using OPKs and reading when you O beyond that. Sometimes temps are wonky, and that's ok. It doesn't mean that ovulation won't happen or will be delayed or anything.. especially with colds and general winter ickiness.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • wateringcan7wateringcan7 Posts: 200
    edited November -1
    I agree with k & h
    K&H wrote:
    I would go for it, if you feel that you have a good handle on using OPKs and reading when you O beyond that. Sometimes temps are wonky, and that's ok. It doesn't mean that ovulation won't happen or will be delayed or anything.. especially with colds and general winter ickiness.
    #1 IUI 11/19/13 unmedicated BFN
    #2 IUI 12/22/13 clomid 50 mg day 3-7 BFN #3 IUI 12/23/13 BFN
    #4 IUI 2/14/14 unmedicated BFN

th_image-9.jpg