Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Babi OPK

brezo326brezo326 Posts: 12
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello,
I am debating between the Babi and Wondfo cheapies....so far, I have used the "Answer" OPK brand, but I'd like to test 2x/day and using Answer OPK, things will get pricey quickly. Anyone have any thoughts about Babi? I haven't heard much about them and lots about Wondfo. On the opposite end of the spectrum, also debating the Clearblue Easy fertility monitor...is it worth the 200$?

Thanks all!
Tagged:

Comments

• letsaim8letsaim8 Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    I use the clear blue easy smiley face and love them. I get the 20 pack and typically test three trees per day
    #1 Dec. 2013- BFN, unmedicated
    #2 Jan. 2014- BFN, unmedicated
    #3 Feb. 2014- BFP, unmedicated
  • brezo326brezo326 Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    letsaim8 wrote:
    I use the clear blue easy smiley face and love them. I get the 20 pack and typically test three trees per day

I see, thanks :-)
  • acennamo86acennamo86 Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    The monitor is worth it. I got pregnant 3 years ago on my first month using it. The lined opks confuse me. I also have used the clear blue with the smile and they are great as well. I was able to sell my monitor for half the price I paid for it so keep that in mind.
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I have not heard of the Babi. I used the Wondfos and liked them a lot. I also used the Smileys. I would use the wondfos allllll the time and then around CD 10 or 11, I'd do one or two smileys a day. I always bought the 20 pack. You can find them online for around $35, which I thought was ok.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I am thinking more and more about combining either wondfos and smileys or wondfos and the fertility monitor. I also use the Glow app on iPhone, which gives percentages of most fertile days based on BBT and other factors....so far it's seemed fairly accurate! :)
  • PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Hello, for a few cycles (because I am obsessive), I used wondfos, smileys (the ten day with the flashy smile option, and first response (the box of 20). Sometimes they all lined up and I would get positives on all of them at the same time. Other times, I would get 2 out of 3 positive or one out of three and it drove me a little mad! So based on my experience, I would recommend wondfos because they are super cheap (just bought 100 for 33 dollars) and the clear blue smile ones for back up.

However, if I had to do it all over again, I would go with wondfos and the fertility monitor because buying the clear blue alone are expensive and I have already exceeded the cost of the fertility monitor just in a few short months (but I live in a large city and have not shopped the clear blue online).
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • whoknowsxwhoknowsx Posts: 89
    edited November -1
    i have used the babi type ovulation test before. I used them with wondfos. and smiles. I found that babi product had better control line color than wondfos, when it came out to be positive, along with a positive smile test from same urine sample. I mean both are great products, but I found the babi product better easier to read and more sensitive, and cheaper.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the input! I really appreciate it. :) I do think with these thoughts I will do a combination of babi or wondfos and the monitor..(I'm a little obsessive too!) I sometimes feel like in the TTC world we can all do as much tracking/checking as possible and in the end it all boils down to the perfect second..such is life! :-)