Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Help no flashing smiley, only solid

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This is my first month using the purple smiley opks that are supposed to flash before getting a solid smile (wish I would have bought the normal pink smileys, but this is what was at the store!) I tested yesterday afternoon and with fmu today, both produced an empty circle. I tested again today after holding my pee for 3 solid hours and got a solid smiley at 7pm.

Is it OK that I got no flashing? Should I treat this solid smile like a normal solid smiley? If so, I'm inseming tomorrow afternoon!!! Anyone else go straight to solid, no flashing?? Thanks in advance for any insight on this dilemma!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Well, to begin to answer my own question, lol, I found this on another message board:

"I had this the first month I used them, so called the clearblue helpline and the woman explained it really well.

Basically the dual hormone ovulation kits detect surges in oestrogen and LH and usually one peaks before the other (sorry can't remember which way round) the 'high' days detect first surge and 'peak' days detect second surge which is when you ovulate. By only having peak days it may just mean that both of your hormone surges occur on the same day therefore skipping the flashing smiley."
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you posted this, I've had that happen before and never really knew why. Good luck tomorrow!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Scifi- seems like you answered your own question, but I just wanted to say I'm glad you're trying again!!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Glad I could help and thanks aplusa! My insem seemed to go ok foday! I was suprized to discover that things are a bit different down there post baby. The speculum didn't work, everything is all mush in there now!!! Lol! I couldn't see a thing, I think I need a new bigger speculum. I was using disposable size small.

I wanted to do a decent IUI. Instead, I used a finger to guide the catheter to the cervix and into the cervix a little bit! So, I'm happy the sperm was closer to where it was supposed to be going! And in fact I may have gotten that catheter in farther than I think! Yay, I'm excited!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png