Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Here's to hoping this is a short roller coaster ride.

2»

Comments

• kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Well that's good. We found out that there can be a lot of minor reasons why pregnancy doesn't happen. Sometimes the egg shell is too tough to penetrate - which our RE thinks was the case. IVF was the only solution. I have heard that sometimes the sperm and egg just aren't compatible, so we switched donors before our IVF. Good luck to you! Hopefully you won't need the RE and get pregnant this month. :)
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • hopefulltwohopefulltwo Posts: 303
    edited March 2014
    sI am happy to update that we are finally pregnant!!! As to when it happened, I want to believe the new method did it. Tomorrow is our first appointment and we shall see what the doc has to say about due date. My ff and my guide to lesbian pregnancy book due date calculator's are conflicting. As for how we did it. We bought a lighted speculum from amazon. Already had syringes. Found more caths online. This was a know donor insem, so we could not just order supplies from Northwest. lol We did not get much to go in the os the first time. Which was the day of the +opk. And you have to watch the it doesn't all pool in the speculum. I actually sucked it back up and just reinserted after the spec was out. two days later the second time pretty much the same. Only I did it a little slower so not so much shot back out. According to ff advanced setting we did not ovulate this cycle. Because we did not have a steady temp rise. I can say when I figured the coverline, we have been above it for more than 18 days. We will see what the doc has to say tomorrow. I am hoping he will do an u/s soon, to ease our minds, that everything will be ok and on schedule.
    Feb '13 - BFN March '13 - BFN
    April '13 - extra af - bfn ( i still think the smiley lied) reg. af - bfn
    June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
    Nov '13 - well af showed a week early-BFN
    Dec '13 - BFN Jan '14 - BFN
    ah Feb '14 BFPPP!!!!! Expecting him to arrive around November tenth.
  • diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    I had to change ff to the FAM method because the advanced just didn't seem to be right. This cycle I absolutely know when I ovulated and it keeps wanting to put it the day before. I think they may need to adjust their advanced method?

I also tried a different method with a known donor! FX!!

Congrats again and looking forward to seeing that first ultrasound pic!! :D:D
    edited November -1
    Ok so we had an u/s it confirmed that this last try was the one. We are about two weeks. Don't have a pic cause there wasn't any thing discernable. He thought he saw something at the top. He also thought sperm dies when it hits air. He was very surprised when we described the method of donation. In a cup lol. We have an appt. on Monday to go over bloodwork and such. Then another appt. With the mfm in three weeks.
    June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
    edited November -1
    First mfm appt. Was awesome. We got to see arm and leg buds and a beating heart. It sounded so wonderful at 179 bpm. I cried of course. Dp was calm. She has been this whole time. I bet she cries at the end. She has nausea,constipation, and sore boobs. I worry.She lost a baby at twelve weeks when she was younger. Hopefully, when she starts showing ill stop worrying???
    edited November -1
    That u/s was at 8 wks. We have a NT scan at 12 wks and cervical measurements done starting at 16. So we should get plenty of peaks at this baby.
    edited November -1
    Just had our week 12 u/s with n/t scan. They said everything looks good so far. I love seeing our little p.j. on the screen. We had the verifi test done. We did this test so we can be best prepared for the care of our child. Now maybe after all these tests are done, I can breath. Cervical measurements will start in four weeks. Dp is not looking for to all the internals. She was nauseous the first few weeks. It did not get bad till week eleven then she threw up. I know it is wrong to be happy when someone is miserable. I just like being able to tell there is progress. smh at myself. Oh and we had fun shopping at thrift shops for pants that would fit. Dp is slightly butch so getting used to wearing pants by her belly button is not going over so well....
    edited November -1
    Oh wow, it has been awhile since I posted. Well lets see. We are at week 18 now. All of our tests have come back normal so far. Dp'd hands and arms are swelling and her feet are hurting almost constantly. The nausea for the most part has subsided. Oh but the heartburn...She said this kid had better come out with a head full of hair. We had our first cervical measurement at week 16 we were 5 cm. We go for these every two weeks until 24 weeks. Dp loves to work and the thought of the possibility of bed rest is a bit stressful. I told her we will get thru it. We would just have to be creative for the wedding. Ah yes the wedding. We are set to get married August 3rd. Our lovely great state does not recognize same sex marriage as of yet. Ok they did for a split second till they got a stay. Anywho, this means I am trying to find a romantic, and not something everyone else has done, honeymoon spot to get legally married. If anyone has any suggestions of a very budget friendly three day trip for a 6 month along pregnant women, PLEASE send me a message. I have been wracking what marbles I have left at this point to find something. Our blessing of a bfp took Hawaii out of the running real quick. That is what happens when you ttc while planning a wedding. :)
    edited November -1
    On week 25. :) Dp is doing great. She has some energy back. Is still a little nauseous when brushing her teeth or blowing her nose. Our little pj is weighing in ahead of schedule and so is her belly. 2lbs. 3 oz. of baby and 27 centimeters for the belly. I am very proud every time I look at the bump. It took till week 24 almost to feel a kick. I love it! It flies by even when it seems it doesn't. Make notes and enjoy everyone.
    edited November -1
    Time goes by so fast. We are at week 34 and just had our gender reveal shower. It's a boy. Last ultrasound a week ago he weighed in at a little over five pounds. Still two weeks ahead. We are getting anxious. A few more weeks to tidy something's up is all I ask. Dw is doing wonderful good bp and moderate weight gain. She still has an issue with brushing her teeth tho. Poor thing. November is going to be here before we know it.