Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

waiting for ovulation and today is day 9 with the dewar

mamalee2mamalee2 Posts: 48
edited May 2014 in Trying to Conceive
Good Morning. How are you? I am waiting to inseminate. The sperm is guaranteed for 7 days and I am on day 9 any advice have any of you had a successful healthy pregnancy under these circumstances? Thank you from the north east coast.
Tagged:

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yikes. Definitely pushing it. How good are you at reading your body and signs of ovulation? Have you been this late before and actually ovulated? What made you get the dewer delivered nine days ago?
    You may have missed it or not be ovulating this month. But, NW migt not take the sperm back at this point. I would call and talk with them and ask their advice and policies. If they won't take it back, I would probably give it a few more days of waiting. But if they'll take it back Monday but not Tuesday, I probably would send it back.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • SC2ttcSC2ttc Posts: 32
    edited November -1
    We kept ours for an extra 2 days. NW will take it back. But the Dewar will start to warm up if you wait any longer and the sperm may not be viable once it gets back to them.
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Have you ever used a fertility Dr? Ours has coolant to recool the tank. Not sure what other professions can recool it.... ?
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • mamalee2mamalee2 Posts: 48
    edited November -1
    SC2ttc wrote:
    We kept ours for an extra 2 days. NW will take it back. But the Dewar will start to warm up if you wait any longer and the sperm may not be viable once it gets back to them.
    Thank you all so much. My fertility doc doesn't do that and I am not a patient of the one that does so I will inseminate tomorrow at 6 est wish me luck. Whatever Gods will is his plan has always been better than mine.