Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

How many IUI's to get your BFP?

coteamykcoteamyk Posts: 58
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We had our first visit with our RE on Wednesday and it went really well! Our new doc is great! She's going to put me on Clomid and use the trigger shot, followed by back-to-back IUI's. We're going to do the first one in the office and the following one at home. If that goes well, we'll probably do the rest at home. She said in most cases people get their BFP in 3-4 months. That would be so awesome! We took the summer off, and we're going on vacation next month, so we'll start trying again in September. We're so excited and feeling hopeful! :D

Just wondering how many IUI's it took other ladies to get their BFPs?
Amy (33) & Morgan (29)
TTC #1

14500768710_dbbc1b3d24_q.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited July 2014
    We did our first try as ICI at home (bfn), and then it took me seven IUIs with my RE for my sticky pregnancy (The fourth one was an early loss.). For the first bfp, I used Clomid only; for the sticky one, I used Clomid and Ovidrel. Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    I did 3 at-home ICIs over the course of a few months, and used varied timing. Those didn't work. My 4th attempt was an in-clinic IUI with u/s monitoring and trigger shot. That attempt was successful. So, 4 tries total, with only 1 true IUI.
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 months for me, 3 years for H.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • JustThe5OfUsJustThe5OfUs Posts: 61
    edited November -1
    We tried 7 times, 2 ICI's and 5 IUI's.
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Baby #1: 4th try. All at home inseminations. Not every month was a solid IUI. The month I concieved, it was an IUI performed my myself using one IUI-IVF vial.

Baby #2 (still in utero): 2nd try. On that try, I placed one IUI vial outside the cervix in the vagina.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    before conceiving my older daughter in a relationship, i tried twice with 1 vial ICI each month. both of those were bfn. i temped and used line opks only.

with my second daughter i got pregnant on the first try using 2 vials ICI. i didn' temp and used line opks until they were positive-ish and then used digital opks. so more vials per cycle and digital opks made the difference for me.
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    6 tries for me.

Unmedicated RE IUI - BFN
    Clomid RE IUI - chemical pregnancy
    Injectibles RE IUI - BFN
    Unmedicated home ICI - BFN
    Unmedicated home ICI with two IVF vials - BFN
    Unmedicated home IUI - BFP identical twin girls
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think nine tries for me. Roughly half of them were IUIs. The IUI that brought me my BFP was the first try with an RE. I took Femara during that cycle just to feel like I was bringing a greater likelihood of success to the table.
  • christeacherchristeacher Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a lucky first timer, but I went straight to a re and did a medicated and highly monitored cycle... And even then they were preparing for changes in protocol bc I only produced one egg, which I've learned was probably a really really good thing or i likely would have ended up with multiples. Apparently my donor has some strong swimmers. Lol
  • yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    Twins - third try at home, IUI done by myself
    M - second try at home, ICI
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Six tries total.

#1-3- One vial ICI at home unmedicated
    #4-5- two vials one ICI and one IUI at home unmedicated
    #6- One vial ICI at home unmedicated- BFP

Timing was a big factor for me and temping really helped to figure it out that I don't ovulate until 40 or more hours ofter positive opk but with the trigger shot your timing will hopefully be much better.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    Baby #1 girl-4th try but 1st try with new donor. 3 vials combination ICI and IUI at home, no meds. Temped, digital and lined OPKs, saliva fern test, prenatals, pineapple, b6, and other fertility monitoring like cm.

Baby #2 boy-1st try with same donor. 1vial ICI and 1 vial IUI again done at home, no meds. Only did digital OPKs and nothing else this time.
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • djnunnikhovendjnunnikhoven Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    6 tries. I miscarried. 7th one I am pregnant with gonna be induced on Monday.
    Mommy to an angel <3 August 10, 2013. Mommy to Karleigh
    Ttc baby #2
    Loving Life
  • michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    It took us 2 tries to conceive. Both were done at home, using iui format. We used 3 vials each time, first time around we timed it with the ovulation chart, second time that actually worked was timed using opk smiley. We inseminated the day of smiley, then the following two days.
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited July 2014
    Baby #1: BFP 2nd attempt at home. 1st attempt was ICI, 2 vials at 12 & 24 hrs. We changed donors and did IUI for 2nd attempt, used 3 vials & insemmed at 12, 24, and 40 hrs post + OPK (smiley). No meds used, but did 2 months of acupuncture & Chinese herbs prior to the 2nd attempt.

Baby #2: BFP 1st IUI attempt at home, same donor as baby #1. Used 3 vials & Insemmed at 12, 24, and close to 48 hrs post + OPK (smiley). No meds, no acupuncture or Chinese herbs this time.
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    2 cycles to bfp.
    #1 at Dr.'s iui with iui/ivf vial @24 hours
    #2 1 vial at Dr iui @ 24 hours and 1 vial at home ici @ 36 hours both with iui/ivf vials

I used cb digital advanced smileys and ate a lot of pineapple. Took folate/dha/prenatal vitamins.

You sound super excited! Good luck U2!!
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15
  • coteamykcoteamyk Posts: 58
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for sharing your stories, I really appreciate it! :D
    Amy (33) & Morgan (29)
    TTC #1

• coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Baby #1,2 & 4 took 1 try at home unmedicated.
    Baby #3 was 4 tries at home with 50mg Clomid.

We were beyond lucky.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1

We were beyond lucky.

Just curious, but did you use the same donor for all 4 children? thanks!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • coteamykcoteamyk Posts: 58
    edited November -1
    emlklg444 wrote:

We were beyond lucky.

I was wondering the same thing!
    Amy (33) & Morgan (29)
    TTC #1

• coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    emlklg444 wrote:

We were beyond lucky.

Yep
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our son took 6 cycles, and all iuis were done at home - 2 vials for the first three, three for the second two, and four (!) for lucky #6.

Our daughter took 13 cycles to conceive, with a short break for an early loss conceived during cycle 12. Several of the cycles in the middle of that stretch were done ici in a doctor's office - all three of our pregnancies were achieved at home, though. We used four vials during the cycle that brought our daughter to us, just like our son.

Best of luck - we found acupuncture to be incredibly helpful.
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • PiperDillyPiperDilly Posts: 121
    edited November -1
    I got pregnant on my first medicated IUI. Same protocol as yours - Clomid+ trigger shot. Best of luck to you!