Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

first round of clomid

johnna.musalljohnna.musall Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm going to be starting my first round of Clomid 50mg this coming cycle and I'm wondering what the chances of multiples are and side effects people have had with this. I'm only 20 and I had a miscarriage in January, since then I haven't ovulated so my OB/GYN put me on Clomid. If you've taken clomid 50mg and conceived, did you have a singleton, twins or more?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    leahleah Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    What days of the cycles are you taking it? If I remember correctly, take on days 3-7 it will help develop more follicles, therefore have a greater chance of multiples. Taken on days 5-9 is supposed to improve the quality of the egg/eggs.
    Will you be doing a trigger shot? Doing that while having more than one decent size follicle will also increase your chance of multiples. Our old RE always had my husband and I sign a disclosure agreement noting we were aware of that fact.

Best of luck to you!
    d5bbb078-585d-43c0-91b2-f2c2a9235078_zps6a880375.jpg
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm currently pregnant with just one baby as a result of 100mg of Clomid on days 3-7, plus a trigger shot about 37 hours before my IUI. I did produce two mature follicles each month on Clomid, so I could have conceived twins but didn't. Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    You only have about a 7% chance of multiples with Clomid-- and that's in cycles that result in pregnancy-- so odds are in your favor for a singleton.

I did not take Clomid. I took Femara. It has less side effects and is gentler on your system. It may be something to look into if clomid does not help you ovulate of if you have side effects.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    DW took Clomid days 3-7. We had 1 baby. If I remember correctly, our Dr. Told us there was an 8% chance of multiples. She had 2-3 mature follicles. Good luck!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will be taking on days 3-7. And just be taking the clomid, no injections or anything. Just for ovulation since I haven't ovulated since my miscarriage for unknown reasons.
  • Options
    Jenkins2014Jenkins2014 Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    i took Clomid cycle day 3-7, had 2 mature follicles on cycle day 12, ovulated on cycle day 14 & took a trigger shot and IUI on cycle day 15... Pregnant with just one baby per my 6 week ultrasound!

Good luck & Baby Dust! its definitely something that sticks in the back of your mind! lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the answers and advice everyone! :)