Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Home insemination "tricks"?

K33D3C1P4B1K33D3C1P4B1 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
I have read several posts where people mention things they did when inseminating to help. I was hoping people could list some of the things they did that they thought helped. I can only afford to try for a couple months so I am looking for all the tips, tricks, and advice I can get!! :D

Comments

• emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Don't really have any "tricks" to share. Just know your cycle very very well, relax & try not to stress :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I also advise knowing your cycle extremely well. You don't want to waste your few tries on incorrect timing. Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • LeahTLeahT Posts: 35
    edited November -1
    I've seen the same and some of the things that I've seen have worked for people is staying laying down for 30 minutes after insem with hips elevated to help the sperm, having an O after insem. During the tww eating pineapple core. Be positive, it will happen
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did an IUI and the tip I was given by the RE I used in the beginning was to lay on my back for 10 mins and then each side for 5 minutes to help the sperm go all over inside the uterus. I was successful on an at home unmedicated IUI.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • keepingfaithkeepingfaith Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I start drinking Fertiltea 6 weeks before we try. I notice changes in my cm & my cycles are more normal when I've used it. That's the only thing I really do differently. I do lay down & do the side to side thing mentioned above. We have ICI vials so if inseminating at home, I use an instead cup with pre-seed.
    Me - 36, attached to a special someone amd Supermommy to 4 kiddos.
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited August 2014
    I think an IUI is preferable because that's what they do at the re office. Insert a little preseed and let it warm if doing an intravaginal insem. I got my daughter from a home IUI and tried to a IUI for my current pregnancy but couldn't find my cervix. I used some warmed preseed (let it warm inside me for a few minutes) and placed the warmed (by holding vial in my hand) sperm near the cervix. I also like a timing that's less than 24 hours for one vial (both my pregnancies were one vial.) My daughter was 21.5 and my current was 14.5 hours post solid smile respectively. I also ONLY used smiley opks, no temping or cervical checking. This kept things simple for me. I learned this method from my friend who got pregnant by an re. She was told to take smilies and got an IUI at 20 hours post solid smile.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png