Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ovidrel and Clomid Cost

katief7katief7 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi All,

So I've tried a few times at home with no success. I am now at the point where I will be doing an IUI with the Doc mid November. I just received a script from her for both Clomid 50MG (5 qty) and Ovidrel 250MCG/0.5mL (trigger shot). I didn't see anything on this sight about cost, so I thought I would provide you guys with the info that I found today. I am from Michigan and these are costs in the metro Detroit area. I'm not sure if the prices would differ in other states. This is with no insurance.

Clomid 50MG (qty 5) Ovidrel 250MCG/0.5mL (qty 1 shot)
Walgreens $10 $168.99
CostCo $12.43 $125.13
Kroger $9 $159.00
Target didn't ask $316.00!!!

I could not believe how high in price Target was. I currently do not have a CostCo membership but was told that anyone can purchase prescriptions and alcohol at CostCo without a membership, some type of law.

Good luck to all those trying!

Katie

Comments

• Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    Freedom Fertility Pharmacy (online) is a good option, too. I got my IVF meds from them and they were great to work with. They have Ovidrel for $114.50 (if you haven't bought any other qualifying fertility meds from them in the last year, if you have you save another $30). If your Walgreens price is from the regular retail in-store pharmacy, you may also want to check with Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy (via phone). If I remember correctly, I was quoted ~$130 earlier this year. Both ship overnight with cold packs. All non-insurance prices.

That's a good price on Clomid from Walgreens. The first month I used it, I got it at Walgreens and paid $18. Every time after that I went to Walmart. Clomid is one of their generic $10/month prescriptions without insurance.

Good luck with your IUI!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    And I forgot to mention the best money saver! Ovidrel is part of EMD Serono's Compassionate Care program (google to find the application form). If you qualify, you can get 50-75% off Ovidrel (and Gonal and Cetrotide) for a whole year. You can then purchase from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy for 50-75% off their listed price. I applied for this for my IVF for Gonal and Cetrotide and qualified for 50% off and wish I'd done it earlier to cover my Ovidrel IUI cycles. The approval process was very fast. I highly recommend this program!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    LunavieLunavie Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi Katie.

I actually work at Freedom Fertility so I can confirm what hopeful said. Clomid here would be $18.45 but it would waive the $30 fee. So the total would be $102.95 for both meds.

There's also a $10 mail in rebate for the Ovidrel through the Go Direct to Savings program.

Fertilitylifelines.com is a good resource for discount programs etc.
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    We paid $15 Clomid and $125 Ovidrel at Walgreens
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    katief7katief7 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the comments! I'm definitely going to be applying for the EMD Serono's Compassionate Care program.

Thanks all!!!!