Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

TWW and a horrible insemination

rosenas31rosenas31 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
On 11/25, I attempted my first insemination at home and I have to say it was terrible. First, I had to leave work early because I became so sick.

I have some really serious food allergies and I have to be very diligent about reading labels and making sure I don't eat anything that I have an intolerance. If not I end up with food poisoning/ stomach flu type symptoms. Just my luck this happens on the day I ovulated.

So, I attempted my first insemination while sick to my stomach and praying I would not throw up. After it was all said in done, I also retested my LH only to find that it was negative but it was positive earlier that morning and the day before. So, I don't know if my allergic reaction had an impact on my ovulation. Plus, I was drinking a lot of water while trying to stay at work, I didn't want to put my work on my co-workers. I just hate having to put a burden on other people that I am responsible for. Anyway in the end I felt so disappointed because I normally have positive OPKs for 48 hours.

I think I am out for this month, but will see. To everyone else best of luck and baby dust. :)
Tagged:

Comments

• emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Sounds like your timing was good! Sorry you were sick :( good luck!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • rosenas31rosenas31 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the encouragement. :)
  • Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    Well, if it was positive in the AM and the day before then it's a good chance that u did it at the right time. Good luck and baby dust! Eat pineapple :D
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15