Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

IUI tomorrow!

kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
edited January 2015 in Trying to Conceive
So today we went and got an ultrasound after taking clomid days 3-7 there was only 1 follicle with an egg that measured 17.2 MM. Got a trigger shot below the belly button, and IUI is scheduled for tomorrow at 3! I'm nervous and wondering if there's anything I should do before tomorrow comes to higher my chances? :P
[url=

Comments

• wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    I read online that women with a full bladder have a higher success rate something like 4% over the women with empty bladders. It has something to do with the tubes being pushed closer or something. IDK if there is any truth to that . Would you mind being a guinea pig and try that theory out? I am definitely going to try that on my next cycle.

Nice one big healthy follie, better than a half dozen old and busted ones :)
  • ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Hello. I just sent you a private message
  • RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I hope that's true about the full bladder, as I had a full bladder during my IUI! They said they prefer that because it makes things easier to see on the ultrasound, so I suppose that could contribute to higher success -- being able to see better could make optimal placement easier.
  • kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    I read online that women with a full bladder have a higher success rate something like 4% over the women with empty bladders. It has something to do with the tubes being pushed closer or something. IDK if there is any truth to that . Would you mind being a guinea pig and try that theory out? I am definitely going to try that on my next cycle.

Nice one big healthy follie, better than a half dozen old and busted ones :)

LOL! Yes i'd be willing to try it out, but the only thing is that our doctor always tells me to pee before an ultrasound?? :/
    I heard eating pineapples or something like that works?
    [url=
  • ForeverakidForeverakid Posts: 312
    edited November -1
    My bladder was semi-full (about 3/4) at the last IUI and it failed, but I think my timing was off. This month my timing was spot on and my bladder was FULL. It's funny my OB always asks me if I have to pee before the procedure, the first two times I did as I was told then after reading about the bladder trick, I secretly held it. I'm quite a rebel, eh?
    I should know in about ten days or so if it worked. :)
    SMBC
    Lucky IUI #6!!!
    Expected Arrival Date is January 19, 2016

tt1c5b4c.aspx
    edited November -1
    Hahaha whata rebel! I have my fingers crossed for you tho!
    My bladder was semi-full (about 3/4) at the last IUI and it failed, but I think my timing was off. This month my timing was spot on and my bladder was FULL. It's funny my OB always asks me if I have to pee before the procedure, the first two times I did as I was told then after reading about the bladder trick, I secretly held it. I'm quite a rebel, eh?
    I should know in about ten days or so if it worked. :)
    [url=
    edited November -1
    I asked the front desk person when I arrived if they would need a urine specimen because I needed to pee, and she's the one who told me they wanted me to have a full bladder. They didn't say anything ahead of time, but it's an hour drive for me and I drank a glass of water when I took my morning vitamins, so my bladder was full by the time I got there.
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    My new RE says empty bladder for u/s and full for IUI.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
    edited November -1
    So today went good, 22 million sperm count and 88 percent mobility! But i went pee about an hour after the IUI will that affect my chances of getting pregnant? :(
    [url=
    edited November -1
    Nah, peeing afterwards should have no effect. I peed about 20 minutes after mine (basically as soon as I got up and dressed after the 15-minute wait).
  • kristine403kristine403 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Hi there, from what I know and heard with some of my friends experiences IUI should have full bladder. Let me also share here with you ladies a site I've been using to track my ovulation period and I hope it could also help others to conceive faster, good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    Nah, peeing afterwards should have no effect. I peed about 20 minutes after mine (basically as soon as I got up and dressed after the 15-minute wait).

My doctor didn't even have me lay down for the 15-30 minute wait? He told me I could get up right after and get dressed and don't take it easy or anything?? Normal or no?
    [url=
    edited November -1
    It seems to vary by RE from what I've heard on another forum. Some say 15 minutes, some say nothing, some say 5 or 10 minutes. I don't think there's any research showing it makes a difference, though.
  • allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My doc said there were studies that show laying down 10 minutes or more increases your chances by 10%....http://attainfertility.com/article/artificial-insemination-statistics (you can look at #5)
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • Jenkins2014Jenkins2014 Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    Pineapple core, but you are supposed to start eating it the day of your insemination, if you haven't started I don't think it wouldn't hurt to start! I did it...

you can youtube it or google it.. but you eat a piece of it for 5 days after insemination

BABY DUST for you & the next two weeks fly by!! Just relax and try not to read into everything!!!
    I know, easier said than done! ;)
    edited November -1
    Pineapple core, but you are supposed to start eating it the day of your insemination, if you haven't started I don't think it wouldn't hurt to start! I did it...

you can youtube it or google it.. but you eat a piece of it for 5 days after insemination

BABY DUST for you & the next two weeks fly by!! Just relax and try not to read into everything!!!
    I know, easier said than done! ;)

This two week wait is taking SOOO long :( lol... I ate egg whites right before the IUI, I heard it helps ?
    I've had a lot of cramping but I think it's too early for implantation cramps, did you have any signs the two weeks you were waiting?? :)
    [url=
    edited November -1
    The only other thing I can think of that might help is low carb/ high protein diet.
    edited November -1
    My first IUI I had symptoms and was crazy hopeful it had worked. It didn't. This was my 4th IUI and I'm trying not to find any symptoms. My body plays tricks on me when I watch close and listen too intently. Don't get me wrong, I'm still SUPER hopeful, I just try to let the days pass until I can test.
    The TWW IS AWFUL, isn't it? I'm trying to stay busy. I'm 8dpi today and I find the second weekend to be the most painful. I scheduled my weekend days with friend dates to help me keep busy and ease my suffering. :)
    I added acupuncture during this tww, hopeful that helps! I also take daily walks to help clear my mind and improve blood flow.
    Kirsten&kate is this your first IUI? How many dpi are you?
    What are you doing to keep busy?
    SMBC
    Lucky IUI #6!!!

tt1c5b4c.aspx
    edited November -1
    dpi

Yes this is our first IUI with meds. We had over 5 unsuccessful ICI's. My body played tricks on me too, I think it's all the over thinking.. & wanting this so bad.
    We are only 4dpi. We work from 7-2 everyday so that defiantly keeps us busy. Other than that we do little projects around the house, go look at baby stuff at babies r us, etc :P Our doctor wants us to wait 3 weeks so we can get a for sure yes or no answer which makes this wait even worse :/
    [url=
    edited November -1
    THREE WEEKS???
    Ah that stinks, I'm sorry!
    Hang in there ladies, I will keep thinking good thoughts. I really hope you get your BFP this month!
    SMBC
    Lucky IUI #6!!!

tt1c5b4c.aspx
    edited November -1
    The first week I was fine, by the second week I was on an emotional roller coaster of im pregnant, nope im not pregnant, im def pregnant, it so didn't work..

and then on Tuesday the week before I had to take my test which was on sunday... I started getting sick. I didn't eat for 2 days..nothing but crackers... then it went away... Saturday night we went to a big festival in our town and about 330 am sunday I woke up SICK as a dog. like I couldn't stop crying or throwing up the room was spinning...I thought I had a virus lol and then Sunday AM at 730 I got my BFP..
    edited November -1
    There were only two things that ever make me think I am Pg in the TWW. I always crave milk before my period. If I want to puke looking at it that's a clue for me. The other is I almost always get a freaking zit on my nose when I have my period.... If there is no zit it is time to test.
    edited November -1
    Which brand of pregnancy test did you guys take after two weeks wait? & Did any of you guys get a positive pregnancy test before your missed period?
    [url=
  • merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I had a clearly positive test at 7dp3dt in the afternoon, which is the same as 10 DPO. Morning tests were negative.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
    edited November -1
    i took a clear blue that came with my ovulation tests on the Wednesday of the 2nd week - it said negative... I tested on Sunday (2 weeks after IUI) with first response first morning pee & it lit up two lines almost immediately... & later that day we tested again with a digital one just to calm ourselves lol
  • islandgalislandgal Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Good luck. Stick baby dust to you. Iui with Clomid and was pregnant first cycle with positive hcg bloods (just over threshold) at 10 dpo .
    SMC
    06/2002 Angel baby always in my heart. Miscarriage at 13 weeks. Laprascope and DnC
    04/2011 DIUI w Clomid. Nov 2011 Beautiful Baby girl.
    01/2015 DIUI w Clomid BFP 10dpo....little bean is doing well due Oct 02, 2015
    edited November -1
    Got blood work done today at 8:00AM, just got a call that my Progesterone levels we're at 10.2 today.. Good or Bad for 1 week after IUI?!?
    [url=
  • 2mommies2Kendon2mommies2Kendon Posts: 141
    edited November -1
    Hmm... sounds like good numbers for an unmedicated cycle, as it indicates ovulation, but you were on clomid right? Did you ask your doctor where they wanted your levels to be? My wife's were 19.9 on clomid, and 0.9 without. There is some variance from person to person. Did the doctor say anything about it, or just let you know your levels?
    edited November -1
    Hmm... sounds like good numbers for an unmedicated cycle, as it indicates ovulation, but you were on clomid right? Did you ask your doctor where they wanted your levels to be? My wife's were 19.9 on clomid, and 0.9 without. There is some variance from person to person. Did the doctor say anything about it, or just let you know your levels?

They just told me they wanted at least 10.0, yes I was on clomid 50 mg but I don't think it worked because there was only 1 follicle before the IUI.
    [url=
  • PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    My progesterone levels were only at 12....and that was 24 days after insemination my bfp cycle.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...