Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

BFN or BFP?

kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So today marks two weeks from my IUI. We we're so excited reading about early BFP's so yesterday morning we went & bought a pregnancy test (1st response digital). Waited to pee until we got home so it could be the most accurate first pee of the day.. We got home and torn open the test with out reading instructions (I mean how hard can it be to mess up on a pregnancy test) Well we sure messed up! We were supposed to wait until it had a solid clock and then start peeing, but I went while it had nothing on the screen & it just showed a clock the whole time. After that we went ahead and got the other test out & drank a bunch of water with in 5 mins took another (the right way) & it came out negative... :(:(
I think my pee was very diluted from all the water but maybe it really just is negative? Today woke up and had soo much spotting brown-ish, pink.. That never happens so I'm not sure if i'm out yet!? Had blood work done about 9:45 AM. They will know a positive or negative at the latest 2:00pm. The nurse told me that's what happens right before your period. So she prescribed me "Prometrium 200 MG". I really don't get it? I thought everything was perfect and right on target that there was no way for it to be negative... :|

Thoughts? Suggestions?
[url=
Tagged:

Comments

• ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited January 2015
    I am so sorry and know how frustrating this can be. I just had a BFP with brown spotting. The next day I had a BFN and brown bleeding (a lot). Then AF came so I had a chemical pregnancy. I too was super excited and know my timing was spot on! I will pray that this is not the case with you! Keep thinking positive thoughts! Hugs and baby dust!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    ahk00 wrote:
    I am so sorry and know how frustrating this can be. I just had a BFP with brown spotting. The next day I had a BFN and brown bleeding (a lot). Then AF came so I had a chemical pregnancy. I too was super excited and know my timing was spot on! I will pray that this is not the case with you! Keep thinking positive thoughts! Hugs and baby dust!

I'm so sorry.. That must have been devastating. My period is basically a flow now.. I'm wondering how many negatives do we have to get until we get a positive?! :/
    [url=
  • islandgalislandgal Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about bleeding. I would order the early pregnancy tests.com the dip stick ones. Sensitive to 20 iu/hcg and same a clinic uses. They are cheap with or without opk tests as well. Blood work will be definitive yay or nay and never rule out your chances until you get bloods back. Still Kmfx until results are in. Xx
    SMC
    06/2002 Angel baby always in my heart. Miscarriage at 13 weeks. Laprascope and DnC
    04/2011 DIUI w Clomid. Nov 2011 Beautiful Baby girl.
    01/2015 DIUI w Clomid BFP 10dpo....little bean is doing well due Oct 02, 2015
    edited November -1
    BFN. :(
    [url=
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that! Baby dust to you for next round.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    Awww I am sorry. I had many, many BFN's. The only way you can keep going is that persistence will pay off one way or the other. The only other bright side is you are only a couple weeks from trying again! And this time you have a great weapon, the prometrium.
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you got a BFN. In some ways the first try can be the hardest. Keep in mind that even with absolutely everything perfectly perfect you really still only have a 20% chance of pregnancy.
    I keep telling myself that it sucks to try, but if we don't continue we absolutely won't get pregnant, at least with ttc there's a chance.

Good luck next time around!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
    edited November -1
    The only other bright side is you are only a couple weeks from trying again! And this time you have a great weapon, the prometrium.

Yes! I tell my self everyday we're getting closer & closer. And have you had any experience with prometrium?
    K&H wrote:
    In some ways the first try can be the hardest. 

Sadly this is out 6th negative. 5 at home unmediated ICI's, 1 IUI w/ clomid 50 MG & trigger. We're going to try the clomid again, last time we only had 1 follicle. Unusual though, I though it was supposed to make me release more eggs?
    [url=
    edited November -1
    I always was on Clomid 100mg to get my 4 follies for my daughter and 3 this last cycle. I still swear by blood test to hit surge and insemination time just right. See if Dr will up the dose. It Will happen. Keep believing and trying. Xx
    SMC
    06/2002 Angel baby always in my heart. Miscarriage at 13 weeks. Laprascope and DnC
    edited November -1
    I have had experience with the prometrium 200 mg BID. It was "baby glue" according to my Dr. It makes you feel pregnant though so you can't go by symptoms to self diagnose pregnancy. I threw up 10 times a day on it, but I got a BFP so it was worth it.
  • abbyabby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    Keep hope Kirsten and Kate! I got my bfp on our 6th try. I was beginning to feel desperate. I truly thought we were going to have major problems getting pregnant. The nice thing is, once you get a bfp, all the waiting seems to not feel like a big deal anymore. However, then, you have different things to worry about! I'm just trying to say your turn is coming, I just know it. Keep trying and sometime soon you will get your bfp!
  • StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    So sorry :(
    edited November -1
    islandgal wrote:
    See if Dr will up the dose.

Today I asked, & got told to keep trying with the 50 MG. Maybe i'll have better luck this time w/ it.
    I have had experience with the prometrium 200 mg BID.

I got told to stop the prometrium today and start clomid. How long were you taking it for? She told me I have low progesterone levels. Hoping this will help!

abby wrote:
    I'm just trying to say your turn is coming, I just know it.

Thank you. I can feel it coming too! I just hope it's sooner than later :)
    [url=
    edited November -1
    Keep hoping and believing. Im wondering why they wont up the clomid to increase number of follies for you. Hopefully this cycle the number of follies increases. kmfx this cycle works and if not I would tell them you want to up Clomid. More follies better odds at one taking!
    SMC
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Sorry on your bfn
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
    edited November -1
    K&K

I started the prometrium on day 21 immediately after CD21 blood draws. I was to take it until I got my period and negative pregnancy test or week 13 if I was pg. I got pregnant that cycle and took it until week 13.

I agree with PP the Dr should increase the Clomid or switch to Femara. Under the circumstances I would push to have a higher dose or change. It is your body and your money and your choice, but they need to increase your chances expotentially at this point.
    edited November -1
    My ultrasound today showed I have 5 follies in each ovary! (premature) very little not big enough yet so we have another appointment on Saturday to see how things look. Looks very promising once again. They want to do a "dye" test to make sure sperm getting threw my tubes correctly. Has anyone experienced the dye test? My insurance won't cover it so it comes out to about 1,500.00$ worth it? Or not?
    [url=
  • merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I did the dye test (HSG) but $1,500 seems VERY expensive to me - mine was $300 OOP. I would call around and see if I could get a better price if I were you.

Even if it does cost $1,500 I think it's worth it - otherwise you have no idea if you're just wasting sperm and IUI money. As a bonus, my RE said your chances of success are higher for 3-6 months after doing the HSG :)
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • alcd39alcd39 Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    I havent done it but my RE said $1000 for dye test.
  • neumeyer84neumeyer84 Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    After numerous failed IUIs i told my Dr i wanted to try some more testing. He tried to talk me out of it. Said chances were i was fine, my only "problem" was that i was gay and had no access to fresh sperm 24/7. Well i insisted. I am so glad i did. They found one fallopian tube completly blocked and over 12 pollyms in my uterus. I was able to have a D&C and now will be trying again in a few months. I wish i would have done the test from the beginning. I had no symptems of anything being wrong. this si the only way to know.
    Mine was about $1300. The D&C is what costs a lot if you need to do one. I was able to get it registered as nevessary for mentral crammping and insurance picked it up. :)
    TTC #1
    7 plus iui- all BFN
    On to IVF this June!!!
    IM PREGNANT!!!!:))
    http://s964.photobucket.com/user/neumeyer84/media/IMG_0192-2_zpsgqdxmihe.jpg.html
    edited November -1
    Wow my HSG which I've had 3 over the years is covered my healthcare here. Something to be thankful for I guess. $1500 does sound expensive. My one early Dec cleared a blockage in one of my tubes. Best chance to conceive is the very next 2-3 cycles after. I now have two bfp to show how good the results are. Fortunately as part of diagnostic work up when you first go to Fertility clinic here the HSG is part of it all so I never tried iui till after a hsg. You get results straight away. If you can afford it I say go for it.
    SMC