Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

How many tries until it's enough?

kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
It's only been our first IUI & we are thinking about switching donor's...

How many tires have you given it until you switched? & how many tires until you proceeded with something different like iui, ici, ivf?

:rolleyes:
[url=
Tagged:

Comments

• ForeverakidForeverakid Posts: 312
    edited November -1
    I kept the same donor for all of my inseminations so far: ICI x1 and IUI x 4. I'm having IUI#5 in a few days and I'm trying a new donor. I'm also asking myself....when and what next?
    I'm curious about what others will say.
    SMBC
    Lucky IUI #6!!!
    Expected Arrival Date is January 19, 2016

tt1c5b4c.aspx
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    When we were ttc'ing for #1 we did two rounds with one donor and then switched. DW got pregnant first cycle we switched donors. And we knew after 1 at home attempt and a failed ovulation pinpoint (on 2nd attempt) that we need professional help.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Our first at home IUI attempt failed, despite perfect timing...so we switched donors, and our second at home IUI produced our daughter :) So then we bought a dozen more vials of that donor.... and I've achieved pregnancy 2 more times with that donor, but miscarried each (probably my aging eggs).... anyway, I truly believe that you need a compatible donor to get that BFP!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    I'm also asking myself....when and what next?
    YUP that's an every day thought over here!
    emlklg444 wrote:
    anyway, I truly believe that you need a compatible donor to get that BFP!

I've thought this so many times & really wondering if it's true!! Maybe it's meant to be that we switch. :)
    [url=
  • 2mommies2Kendon2mommies2Kendon Posts: 141
    edited November -1
    We selected 2 donors, and each month we have switched between the two. This gives us a teeny bit of reassurance that at least 1 of the donors will hopefully be a compatible sperm/egg match. :)
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    This will be my third and last try with my current donor. But honestly I haven't found one that I like as much as this one.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • kirsten&katekirsten&kate Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    Today was our second IUI the follicle measured at 22.2MM we also waited 2 weeks after my period ended instead of 1 week (last time was 16MM) & the sperm sample was 23.5 Million count ( last time 22 million). I'm feeling good about this cycle CM is on point. & They let us keep the little vial!! So cute, they asked if we wanted it & we both looked at each other in confusion & she told us to do whatever our heart feels right so we kept it. Has anybody else kept theirs or is that just us?! Lol :D
    [url=
  • allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We switched all the time because our donors kept running out. Now we have a donor for our IVF so hopefully he works :) haha
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
    edited November -1
    I've always kept the empty vial for about 2 weeks, and when we've gotten a BFN I throw it away. :( I don't know that I want to keep it long-term if we get a BFP, but it's sort of a souvenir each cycle. I also kept my sons umbilical stump though, so maybe I'm just weird.
  • flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited February 2015
    My empty vial from this cycle is sitting in front of the microwave so every time I use the microwave I move it out of the way and put it back. :lol: Like 2mommies, I'm planning on keeping it till I find out the result of the cycle. I think I'll throw it away after that though. Good luck for this cycle!!
  • allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    We selected 2 donors, and each month we have switched between the two. This gives us a teeny bit of reassurance that at least 1 of the donors will hopefully be a compatible sperm/egg match. :)

Are you using both donors in the same cycle?
  • coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We talked about switching donors after 6+ months or so of trying but never got to that point. I think it depends a lot on how much you are in love with your donor as well.
    I am pretty sure we have every single vial we used to conceive our kiddos. I randomly come across them in drawers in the bathroom and I smile and then also say eww to myself and giggle :)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • allisontballisontb Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    I haven't even successfully conceived, and I still find empty vials from two years ago in my box of "TTC supplies." My DW doesn't get it. She's like, "ew, throw that away." lol
    TTC #1: 07/2012--BFN, TTC #2: 09/2012--BFN, TTC #3: 11/2012--BFN, TTC #4: 12/2012--BFN, TTC #5: 08/2014--BFN, TTC #6: 09/2014--BFN
    edited November -1
    allisontb - no, we alternate each cycle. We do not use both in a cycle. Mostly because we are afraid of actually getting pregnant and then not knowing accurate information for our child regarding medical history, heritage, etc.
  • NwblondemommaNwblondemomma Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    I was wondering this too... Also our first try was a bfn :( even though it was the first attempt it still sucks seeing that test staring back at you with that negative answer :rolleyes: , good luck on this cycle sounds promising. I also kept the vial thingy, I don't think I will throw it away
    TTC
    ICI 1/15 - BFN
    ICI 9/15 - BFN
    ICI 5/16 - BFN