Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Possibility?

misskooglermisskoogler Posts: 8
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok, here it goes. I am new to this whole thing and I read so much every day. We did our first insemination on February 14 really early in the morning. When I woke up later in the day I had light bleeding and that continued for 3 days, but it was always light and spotty, nothing to it. I then waited and the day I was due to take an HPT...if I calculated right, was March 2. That day I spent a lot of time crying because I got what I thought was my period and a BFN. However, the bleeding lasted maybe 2 hours and that was it, since then not a single drop. My husband wants me to test again on March 17th (my fave holiday) because he thinks there is still a chance that we are pregnant. Somebody, anybody...please, give us advice.
Tagged:

Comments

• MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Why don't you just test today? I mean, favorite holidays are great & all, but if you want to know if you're pregnant, just take a HPT. No sense in waiting another whole week - a HPT should be plenty positive by now. Fingers crossed for you!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • misskooglermisskoogler Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    I want to test, but hubby wants me to wait. It is driving me crazy. I guess I wondered if it was still possible for me to be pregnant based on the information I provided. I know the test will be the same in a week as it will be today so I am just curious. I appreciate what you are saying! Good to hear from somebody who has done this before. Thank you!
  • RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One concern with testing on a holiday -- how would you feel if the test is negative? Would that just ruin the whole day? If so, maybe test a day or two before so you have time to recover and still enjoy the holiday even if it's negative.
    edited November -1
    I agree that testing on a holiday (especially my favorite one) is a terrible idea. I keep noticing different things about my body and feeling like I may be pregnant but then again maybe I just want a baby so badly I am creating symptoms in my head. I read somewhere that if you are pregnant then an opk will be positive...if that is the case then I am not pregnant. I am feeling really disappointed. We will probably be testing Friday because I don't want to drag out the process if it is more painful than I anticipated it being for me emotionally. I want to post a picture of the negative opk just in case you have insight that I do not....I am unsure how to do that so please just give me your honest opinions.
    edited November -1
    Yes, it's definitely possible for you to be pregnant. My mom's best friend had what she thought were periods for the first 2-3 months of both of her two pregnancies, and there are some posters on here have had varying amounts of bleeding in early pregnancy, so the blood alone doesn't rule it out.

Honestly though, it's not very likely, as you tested on March 2nd, 16 days after insemination, and got a BFN. Most will test positive easily by 13-14 dpi. So I don't want to get your hopes up too high. I've read about women who have been pregnant but not tested positive on HPTs, however it's probably more rare of an occurrence than spontaneous identical quadruplets. But anytime you put sperm up there, it's always a possibility, crazier things have happened! And you didn't mention what type of HPT you used or if you tested multiple times, so maybe you only tested once and it was a crappy test and you will get your happy holiday surprise. :)
    edited November -1
    Sadly, it was not a crappy test. I used a clear blue digital. It said NOT PREGNANT and my heart was crushed. I know that many people feel the same way. I waited until the timing was right and we used our tax money for this. He is unable to work right now and we can't afford to do this again. For me this was it, this was more than likely my only shot. I don't regret it, but I wish the end result was not most likely to end the way it started...NOT PREGNANT.
    edited November -1
    That is a major bummer. :( It took DW & I both about 5-6 cycles each before we got pregnant, which is pretty average. If you happen to unfortunately not be pregnant, is there any chance you can still try with your husband's sperm while you try to save up more money? Wishing you the best - I can still close my eyes and remember the desperate ache of wanting to bring a baby into our family but feeling like it was never going to happen.
    edited November -1
    (for the record, totally & completely worth every moment of heartache & every devastating bfn)
    edited November -1
    I wish...he is having major heart complications and he is not able to do anything sexually at all. I know that it normally does not happen on the first try, but I had to take that chance. I guess I will just cry and then cry some more and then realize I may have to wait for a year or more (I am 31 and he is 38) and then again it may just not be in the cards for us...that just seems like cruel and unusual punishment.
    edited November -1
    I tested this morning and it was a BFN. I still have not started my period but I will go ahead and just assume that BFN means just that. I need strength because I don't know what other options I have...and I am certain that I was born to be a mommy. I guess life will show me my next option. Thank you!