Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Had my IVF Consult

Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
For those of you that want to know or are curious, I had my IVF consult with CNY Fertility this past Tuesday. The Dr. I spoke with was a bit rushed (he was running late). I expected this when I realized he was running a little late. He did tell me if I had any additional questions, I could ask the Nurse who would answer or find out. He told me I would be a good candidate for IVF, etc. He told me I had to make sure NW had a NY license (hence my other post). I was a bit worried because I had remembered someone posting once a long time ago about NW not shipping to NY. I spoke with the financial person and then the nurse who was very helpful. They had not received some of my medical records, so she told me to email them to her, which I did. She had the Dr. review them and advise me I did not need any further testing and I could move forward with IVF next month!

Within a few hours my medications were all ordered. Yesterday I woke up with so much anxiety due to the financial strain I am putting our family on in order to do this. We have $0 insurance coverage. The anxiety has not left, although I feel better today.

We did have a hiccup today when I was contacted by the embryologist to schedule the transfer of the sperm. It turns out since it is at my Drs. office, they have to have a NY license, irrelevant of what NW has (the Dr. was under the impression it was NW that mattered). I started to FREAK OUT! After all that money spent on medications!?!?! It turns out there is a way around it which delays the process, but our local cryobank, where we store the vials when not at the Drs. office is licensed in NY and can ship it there without a problem.

Also, the RE doesn't think I have PCOS even though my local RE diagnosed me with PCOS. I hope that is a good thing. He is putting me on the antagonist protocol and this clinic does not do BCPs. My local RE's office has agreed to monitor me, which I am glad about. My next stressor is trying to figure out the flight situation. I probably should wait until the last minute to book a flight, but I'm afraid they will go up more in price and they are already pretty expensive.

Let me know if anyone has any questions -- I am so emotionally and mentally drained I may have left out some details.
183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
Tagged:

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds great!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have PCOS and did antagonist protocol and got pregnant the first time so good luck!! My ivf went awesome and I'm sure yours will too!
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • ForeverakidForeverakid Posts: 312
    edited November -1
    Wow, this sounds awesome Jen! And IVF next month, that's super fast, I am so excited for you!
    I hope the anxiety you were feeling fades quickly to excitement. What a sweet opportunity for your family and although it will be stressful to do the meds, procedure PLUS travel it's an exciting step toward your dream. I have $0 coverage too, so I get the cash panic and how overwhelming it is!
    I want to stay hopeful with my current protocol with my RE but am also looking in to future options, and I have a call in to CNY for an IVF consult myself.
    No PCOS, that sounds hopeful. What is a BCP? Will someone travel with you? How long will you need to stay in NY?
    Take extra- good care of yourself right now, lots of deep breaths, drink plenty of water and do your best to get the rest you need. I'm super excited for you, keep us posted!
    Please message me if I can be of any support to you.
    SMBC
    Lucky IUI #6!!!
    Expected Arrival Date is January 19, 2016

tt1c5b4c.aspx
  • jajumommy2000jajumommy2000 Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    How exciting!!
    Shilo 40 :( (me) Tony 44 (DH) DH Vasectomy
    1-3; 5-6 iui-BFN 4th iui-BFP!!!!! cp 4w3d 7th IUI 9/26-BFP!!!! cp 5w2dthumb.png
    My Ovulation Chart
  • merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I don't have PCOS and also got pregnant the first time with the antagonist protocol - my RE actually prefers antagonist for most women.

Hang in there!! I found IVF prep much more stressful than the IVF cycle itself, which flew by.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Awesome! Good luck, Jen!!! :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    So awesome! Good luck!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all the well wishes! I greatly appreciate them and the support of this forum.

Forever - BCP - is the birth control protocol which most REs use with IVF. Apparently, this clinic has had success not using birth control initially. Unfortunately, at this time, no one is traveling with me. I'm going to be very bored! I went ahead and booked the flight today because it increased $100 from this past Tuesday! I'm planning on being there a week. I would like to get there a couple days before the retrieval, so I can have my final u/s at the clinic prior to the retrieval. And then I accounted for a 5 day transfer, although there is no way to know if they will do a 3 day or 5 day transfer.

Do you have a date for your consult with CNY? If you have any blood work or testing already done, make sure you send it in and confirm they have uploaded it to your account so the Dr. can review it with you.

merilung - yes, the IVF prep has been stressful. Every day is something new or some form to fill out notarize and send back (transferring sperm has been a mission). I remember reading one of your posts and other ladies saying IVF was less stressful than IUI -- I can't wait for that!! I hope the antagonist protocol is as successful for me as it has been for you!! :)
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN