Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Ectopic

CutekiwiCutekiwi Posts: 80
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
Hi just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this.
I had scans today and blood taken and I just have to sit and wait now.
Its hard enough loosing the pregnancy I just want to move on, going to doctors every day doesn't help the tear ducts

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry for everything that you are going through. It's hard enough having to deal with the loss; having to deal with complications on top of it is really too much. My heart goes out to you.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • CutekiwiCutekiwi Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Thanks Zen
    The waiting and not knowing whats going on is hard
  • hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    I did in December 2013.

What are your results showing that make them think ectopic?

I had spotting at 11dpo when I got my BFP and immediately started progesterone. Then I had 30 minutes of bright red blood (no clots) at 6w1d, had an ultrasound the next day where we saw a gestational sac (which turned out to be a pseudo-sac) so we thought everything might be okay. But that night, I had another 30 minutes of blood and spotting after for the rest of the night. The next day morning I had an ultrasound at my doctor's office and a beta. The sac looked a little flattened and I had fluid in my uterus. I had a better ultrasound that afternoon at the hospital and the findings were that it was a likely miscarriage, with just a footnote that I had "something" small near my left tube that they ruled unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy. My beta was ~6,000 at 6w2d.

At 6w4d, I had a D&C. The next day my doctor called and said they found no embryonic tissue in what was removed and tested. Another beta, which came back at ~6,500 - an increase despite the D&C. That was a Friday. I couldn't have a laparoscopy (unless it was an emergency) until the following Monday. That was a horrific weekend. Aside from being devastated, I was also terrified of a rupture and internal bleeding. Thankfully that didn't happen. So at 7w1d, I had the laparoscopy where my doctor located and removed the pregnancy from my left tube.

Aside from a pressure-like feeling (like bad gas) at 6w1d, leading up to the first bleeding incident, I had no pain, which probably contributed to everyone thinking it was a miscarriage and not ectopic. It took 3-4 weeks after surgery to get back to a negative beta.

I hope they're just being extra cautious and it doesn't turn out to be an ectopic. I had zero risk factors for an ectopic, so it really blind-sided me. I'll be thinking of you!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • CutekiwiCutekiwi Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    They have seen something between my uterus and ovary so if its not ectopic then I have something else there.
    I have had heavy bleeding for 4 days straight so knew I had lost the pregnancy. Friday they are going to take more blood and maybe do another scan. and I have to sit and wait it out
  • hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    I really hope they're able to rule out an ectopic Cutekiwi. The waiting to determine what's actually going on makes everything so much worse :(
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)