Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

What would you do? - Early ovulation

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
While we work out the details with our potential known donor, DW and I decided last week that we would go one more round with NW as this month would be our last chance at having a child this year. So I placed the order on Thurs but I missed the cutoff time to have it mailed that day (and by only half an hour too). We figured it would be okay since I usually ovulate on CD 13 or 14, which would be Thursday or Friday.

Fast forward to today: I woke up this morning with an intense desire to test with an OPK. Lo and behold, I get a solid smiley on CD 10. I'm really at a loss as to what to do. While I haven't checked my cervical opening yet (there just wasn't enough time this morning), my CM hasn't been as thin as usual for ovulation, so there is hope that it might not happen until tomorrow.

We have 2 vials of IUI sperm arriving tomorrow before 8pm (38 hours post positive OPK). DW will not agree to a home IUI procedure (my uterus is seriously tilted so she isn't comfortable doing that at home - we only purchased that type as it was the only one available for our chosen donor). We were planning on doing 2 ICI procedures spread out over a 24 hour span. DW suggested we just do them both at the same time whenever they arrive tomorrow as long as my cervix is still open. I'm just not sure about it.

What would you do if you were in my situation?
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
Tagged:

Comments

• ana8284ana8284 Posts: 628
    edited November -1
    In the time you've been tracking have you ever had a positive on CD 10? Do you have PCOS by any chance? The reason I ask is that I have PCOS and the only month I've tried the smileys I got a positive OPK on like day 12 or something. I had no other signs at that point. We were working with a KD at that time who lived 2 hours away so I didn't want to waste time off of work, gas and a hotel room if it wasn't the right time so I called my RE and requested an ultrasound. He did it and I did have a follicle but it was only measuring about 14mm. He said with PCOS you can have multiple surges and the smiley tests are really sensitive. So I ended up surging 3 days later with the cheapie stick and the smiley and had all the classic signs at that time which showed me I was right in my intution that it wasn't time yet. Good luck! BTW, I'm guessing you are in VA due to your screen name, so are we! :)
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    KD-10/14-BFN KD-12/14-BFN IUI #8 3/15 BFN, IUI #9 4/15 BFN, IUI #10 6/17 BFN
    Potential Adoptive Parents- Baby Due November 2017!
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    As far as I know I don't have PCOS. My cycles are usually pretty regular unless I'm under a lot of stress (not the case at the moment) or my thyroid medication is at the wrong dose level. I do have hypothyroidism and a long history of multiple thyroid diseases. That can mess with my cycles if my medication dose is too high but I just had my blood work done recently and I'm at the correct dose. I've never had this short of cycle before. It's really confusing to me.

And we are in Northern Virginia. We moved out here from DC less than a year ago so my wife wouldn't have to deal with the ridiculous commute that she put up with for so many years while I was in grad school. Which region are you in?
    LKkRm4.png

Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • ana8284ana8284 Posts: 628
    edited November -1
    Ahh gotcha, well worth looking into. The cheapie sticks tend to work better for me than anything else especially since I can use them multiple times a day. We are in Central VA. Our KD was in DC and that just became too much of a headache amongst other things. Hope your timing works out. Good luck!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    KD-10/14-BFN KD-12/14-BFN IUI #8 3/15 BFN, IUI #9 4/15 BFN, IUI #10 6/17 BFN
    Potential Adoptive Parents- Baby Due November 2017!
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Do you have any other O signs or have you been able to check cervical opening? Considering the IUI don't live as long you could do it right as soon as you get it and then again a few hours later? How long after positive OPK do you usually ovulate? You could also just send one vial back if you aren't set on using them both this month.

Also, we're from VA too! Lived in NOVA for four years. I'd say "the traffic is crazy, how do you handle it?" but I know you get that all the time ;)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
    edited November -1
    Yay for finding other Virginians here!

I haven't had a chance to check my cervix yet. It's one of those rare days when I actually had to work away from my home office (which is the secret to handling NOVA traffic - I get to work from home most days). I haven't really had any other symptoms other than very slight cramping. I typically ovulate around 24 hours after the positive OPK, so there is still a little bit of hope.

I'm getting a little concerned about the shipment though. I just checked the UPS package tracker and it appears to still be in Spokane. I was really hoping it would be here in the morning. Luckily, both DW and I will be working from home tomorrow so we will be able to do the insertion whenever it arrives.
    LKkRm4.png

• hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    JandRVA - Re: the shipping issue. I'm on the east coast and I always used to get the ship notifications at 6pm my time (3pm NW's time) so I think you'll be in the clear for it shipping over night tonight.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your help!

The package arrived yesterday at 3:30pm so we inserted around 4pm (about 34 hours post positive OPK). This is the latest we've ever inserted but DW pointed out that perhaps this will be a good thing since we haven't had a successful attempt yet - perhaps we've been inserting too early. We'll know in a couple of weeks.
    LKkRm4.png