Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Home ICI

ltune25ltune25 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
I am 25 years old and my wife is 26 years old we are thinking about just purchasing ICI Vials and doing it in the privacy of our own home. Does anyone have any advice any suggestions or any details on how they did it at home and were successful?

Any details are welcome!
Please thank you

Comments

• FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I haven't done my first ICI yet but look around in the forum... there's tons of information here.
    I started making a little notebook with notes using the different methods discussed in past posts.
    I find myself reading the forums a lot!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got our little man from an at-home ICI. It was very easy! There is a sticky post on what the dewar looks like and the directions NW sends are very helpful and easy to follow. We used Pre-Seed which I inserted ahead of time while the vial defrosted. I also drank Fertilitea in the two weeks leading up to insemination. My wife inseminated and I used my finger to help guide the catheter in--we did not use a speculum. The most important thing was staying calm. We played relaxing music and had lots of comfy pillows on the bed to lay back on. Best of luck and lots of baby dust to you!
  • abbyabby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    That's how we did it. I wouldn't go to a doctor or RE unless you have a reason to think you will have a hard time getting pregnant. I was 36 when we conceived (now 37) but I was healthy so we just did it at home with no help. It took us 6 tried but we got our BFP and now my wife is an expert at looking at my cervix. :)