Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Advice advice advice!!!

alinalotusalinalotus Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello everyone! I am asking for any and all advice you might have in order to achieve that BFP! About seven years ago my husband and I (he's a trans guy) did two cycles of ICI at home, and it didn't take. Then we decided to take a break for a while, and shortly after that we were blessed with the adoption of our son (through private adoption). Fast forward nearly five years and here we are, longing for a second child and a sibling to our amazing son! We will be TTC in a few months and we're looking at several donors. The previous time we tried AI, I never saw a doctor, and it was suggested to us that this time, I get checked out by an OBGYN, especially as endometriosis runs in my family. So I have an appointment on June 9th, and assuming I get the go-ahead, we'll start pooling our funds for some swimmers. I've started on supplements, fish oil with omga 3s, folic acid, and vitamin E, and I've switched to whole grain and whole wheat breads, rices, and pastas, full-fat dairy, and have completely cut out alcohol and caffeine, and I'm cutting way back on my sugar intake.

So basically I'm just asking what you all have experienced, what helps, what doesn't, etc. IUI vs ICI, what vitamins I should be taking, the pineapple core theory, the best donors with the best swimmers, all of it! I can use all the advice I can get!
11044571_10203602451091606_4694760598928406865_n.jpg
XCMUm6.png
Tagged:

Comments

• ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Good luck!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I'd recommend adding ubiquinol (the better form of coQ-10 to take) to your daily supplements. If you're not already tracking your cycle, start that too (daily temps), so your can pinpoint the cycle day when you ovulate. This forum is a wealth of knowledge. You can search past discussions for any topic. good luck!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • alinalotusalinalotus Posts: 15
    edited November -1
    ahk00 wrote:
    Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Good luck!
    Is there a brand that is better than another? When I bought the folic acid I'm taking now, I noticed the prenatal only had about half as much. I read that you should be taking 800mcg and I think the prenatal only had something like 400. Does that matter terribly?
    XCMUm6.png
  • alinalotusalinalotus Posts: 15
    edited November -1
    emlklg444 wrote:
    I'd recommend adding ubiquinol (the better form of coQ-10 to take) to your daily supplements. If you're not already tracking your cycle, start that too (daily temps), so your can pinpoint the cycle day when you ovulate. This forum is a wealth of knowledge. You can search past discussions for any topic. good luck!
    Is that OTC? These forums have been a god send! If you don't mind me asking, how many tries did it take for you to conceive your first little love? Was it ICI or IUI or neither?
    XCMUm6.png
  • michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    I would just start taking any old prenatal. If you eat a balanced diet, you shouldn't need anything else.
    When I got pregnant, I had been tracking my cycle for several months, and taking a prenatal for a couple months. We insemmed the day of smiley, the day after, and again the following day. Got a BFP on our second try. Good luck!
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited May 2015
    alinalotus wrote:
    emlklg444 wrote:
    Is that OTC? These forums have been a god send! If you don't mind me asking, how many tries did it take for you to conceive your first little love? Was it ICI or IUI or neither?

Yes, Ubiquinol is OTC. I take the Qunol brand from Costco, 120 soft gels per container. I take 3 soft gels per day. I also take N-Acetyl Cysteine & R-Lipioc Acid...all OTC. I take these supplements based on what I read in the book "It Starts With the Egg" by Rebecca Fett... And we conceived our daughter 2nd attempt at home IUI :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png