Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

ICI vs IUI at home? Best way to track cycle? Help! Newbie here!

alinalotusalinalotus Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have been reading through several posts on the forum and it seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to the BFP. Is IUI really that much more successful than ICI, and is it easy/safe to perform at home? We want to have the best chance, and are thinking of ordering one vial a cycle because of financial reasons. Also I am a complete newbie at this! What is the best way to track your cycle?

Thanks for all the advice!!!
11044571_10203602451091606_4694760598928406865_n.jpg
XCMUm6.png
Tagged:

Comments

• michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    I tracked my cycle using a free iPhone app, p-tracker lite. We got pregnant doing at home iui, just watched some youtube videos on it and went for it!
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Just based on all of our past attempts... we've only been successful at home using IUI vials. Might be just coincidence. But there's plenty of ladies successful with ICI. We've decided to try a few times with ICI & see what happens... seems like every vial is different, in terms of how many millions of sperm there are & if most can survive the thaw. What I've read (mostly Internet searches) is that ICI sperm survive longer once thawed. Good luck!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was successful with ICI vials. We had tried with IUI vials (still doing ICI insemination) the month before...but I think our timing was off that month, so that's why we got a BFN. For #2 we currently have 3 of each type of vial in storage, and will be trying first with 1 IUI vial (again, we still just do ICI procedure).
  • hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    If you feel that you really truly know the time of ovulation (accurately enough to narrow it down to a few possible hours) IUI is likely a great option.

If you are doing a trigger, for example, IUI seems to be great because you will ovulate pretty reliably at a specific time or close to it. If you have difficulty pinpointing the time of ovulation, I would say ICI or one of each. ICI live longer, so it covers a longer timespan. IUI is in the uterus, so closer to the egg if timed perfectly! Definitely personal preference I believe.

I just got a BFP today using ICI.
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • alinalotusalinalotus Posts: 15
    edited November -1
    thanks everybody- I can't tell you how much your advice means! I am definitely the sort of person who overthinks every little thing, and I know that's not going to help us when we TTC #2. I need to be more calm and positive about the whole thing....I have to remind myself that this happens to people every day! It IS possible and it CAN happen to me and if I have hope and do everything possible, great things will happen!
    11044571_10203602451091606_4694760598928406865_n.jpg
    XCMUm6.png