Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Madness

LeopardLeopard Posts: 45
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Has this ever happened to anyone else? i get regular periods of around 30-33 days and literally every time I decide to try to conceive again and order the vials for the ICI, they will stop resulting in negative ovulation tests. Then if I decide to give up on it- I will get regular periods again and a normal ovulation. I don't feel as though I am stressing, excited but not stressed. I wonder if I am the only one who has this happen it's really getting on my nerves !
Tagged:

Comments

• mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    It hasn't happened to me, yet. I actually thought this past cycle wow have come later because I was so excited to get the show on the road. Instead it came earlier :P I know that I've heard from other ladies that any stress..good or bad can lead their body to holding off on ovulation until it's passed. If that makes any sense.
    It would get on my last nerve too! Sorry :(
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • LeopardLeopard Posts: 45
    edited November -1
    I have no idea how people do this successfully LOL some people can conceive so easily like they're blinking an eye! i really don't get it...i feel as though there is some secret code word that everyone knows but me!
  • Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Leopard wrote:
    I have no idea how people do this successfully LOL some people can conceive so easily like they're blinking an eye! i really don't get it...i feel as though there is some secret code word that everyone knows but me!

I totally agree. I was in tears last night on facebook as picture after picture of everyone's babies kept popping up on my newsfeed and my niece who has a 4yr old, a 2yr old, and is pregnant again was posting about how unfair it is that she has to have three kids so close together but "God works in mysterious ways." I wanted to reply with "Yeah, he gives your ungrateful ass 3 beautiful kids all before the age of 25 and here I am pushing 40 and spending a fortune and I have nothing. Very mysterious!"

Anyway...enough of my bitterness. I really think when your cycle messes up only the months you are trying that it is because of stress. Even if you feel more excited than stressed, your mind knows you have a lot riding on this and your body reacts. Just try to stay calm (easier said than done, I know) and if that doesn't help maybe see a doctor about taking meds and ovulating with a trigger shot.

Good luck to you!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This happened to me this past month--clockwork cycles of 31 days and then as soon as we're about to TTC...a week late and everything thrown out of whack. I seem to have gotten back on track quickly, though--hope you do, too!
  • LeopardLeopard Posts: 45
    edited November -1
    Thank thank you for your replies, all is back to normal thank god! And mommy2016 that's a horrible feeling I know! Cannot believe how ungrateful some people are.
  • mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    Glad all is back on track!!! :D
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    OH yeah..I can relate. It seemed to happen to me too. I would e-mail a friend wishing for a vial of sperm as signs were just perfect...I always blamed it on stress though.