Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Waiting for first +opk, SO impatient!

OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
New member, although I've been following along for awhile. First month TTC and of course my cycle is CRAZY.

Thought I'd O before the dewer arrived, so I panicked and overnighted ... faint OPK lines, cramps, although no CM. Behold I did not O. 5 days later from the arrival, and a day now after I should I O.ed by charting the EWCM is starting but not even the slightest faintest squinter of a line on the cheap OPK. And now I'm scared my dewer isn't going to last. I have to laugh because what else can I do .. maybe I still have a shot? I thought this would be more clear cut for me, of course this month things go cray!

I will wait and see .. and hopefully not go cray myself in the meantime.
Tagged:

Comments

• flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    I had a cycle where I panicked I was going to O earlier than usual and overnighted the dewar, and then I ended up with a crazy long cycle. Another forum member gave me the advice to make sure the dewar arrives by Day 11 (which will be earlier than Day 11 if Day 11 falls on a weekend or holiday), and that way it should keep even if you O late. That advice really helped me. We ended up needing to keep the dewar past the 7 days twice, and everything was still frozen (We never opened it to check the vials).

Good luck. Some of our TTC cycles were predictable but a couple were wonky!
  • OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I already wrote them to let them know I'd be keeping it a few extra days .. tomorrow would be day 7 that I've had it. I read somewhere that it can keep up to 12 days-ish, and we never opened it either in fear that this might happen too. Hopefully I go from the stark white test to + in a flash, lol.
    I should have canned it this month from the first sign of wonky .. but we were too excited to try. Live and learn!
  • Jen&TiffJen&Tiff Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    Do you get positive OPKS normally? I usually don't get positive OPK's, and confirm O through temping, cp, and cm. Also, we kept our dewar almost 2 weeks this cycle.
    Trying since June 2015 for baby #1. Took a break for 8 months and are trying again!
    edited November -1
    I never used them before this month, I just watched my body signs. This predicament is really my own fault- I know. Watch me be one of the ones they just don't work for! I tend to drink a lot of water all the time .. so I tried to cut back significantly the last few days. Meanwhile my temps hit a super low this morning but the second line isn't even registering still and I feel like I just walked through the Sahara! All the signs are here but that .. I'll give it another day .. I feel like I'm getting through this like alcoholics- one day at a time!
    edited November -1
    We got our first +opk on Tuesday evening ... and because of work schedules .. I work 12 hour days, we had to inseminate very early Wednesday, and very late Wednesday. So for timing we were about 9 hours and 27 past smiley. Which are odd and not ideal times - I know.. but you gotta work with what life gives you. My work would look at me like I had two heads if I tried to alter my work schedule for this. Fortunately I do think we got the swimmers going within ovulation window... so ... now we wait. :D

Please don't let me have to go through this month after month - I'm not built for this kind of anxiety!!