Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Aiden's story

elfjewel82elfjewel82 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
My husband and I had 5 kids together (4 girls, 1 boy) before he had a vasectomy and then a failed reversal. We finally decided to use a donor and have 2 more, so they would have a full sibling. We had another beautiful girl, who just turned 2.
Last December, we got pregnant again. In April, we found out he was a boy. We were so excited, especially my son. He has wanted a brother for years. We got rid of our last 2 vials, even though it didn't feel right (our donor is no longer available).
Everything was going well. I started to have some issues with PUPPPs and carpal tunnel so my midwife sent me for some labs. They didn't look good but I was only 35 weeks so the dr just wanted to repeat them twice a week and try to get to 37 weeks. Right after I got to 37 weeks they started looking worse so we decided to induce. The dr came to my house and broke my water. Labor started the next morning. After pushing for 4 hours he finally came, face first. He was beautiful. We were all so in love. We had a tired but great night, and nursing was going well. Then in the morning, he just stopped breathing. We went to the hospital but they couldn't save him. It has been a month now, and we miss him every day. We just found out that he had an infection, and my midwife thinks that if we hadn't induced when we did he would have been born still. He had to have been sick before we even induced. I am so grateful for the 12 hours we had with him.

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. My best friend lost her son on his birthday, and my brother and sister in law lost their son the day he was born also. It's so unthinkable that these things happen, and I wish that they never did. I'll pray for peace for you and your family.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    how terrible and bittersweet. Im so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling... shock and anger. even for your older son too :( hugs. take time to heal and feel it all thru the process.