Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Rainbow Babies

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
An article popped up today that really moved me. Have you ever heard of Rainbow Babies? I was sure that they were talking about mixed race babies or babies of same sex couples. No, they are babies that follow miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss. Very touching article. I have had 9 miscarriages and I am ready to welcome my Rainbow Baby.

Comments

• Options
    piscespowerpiscespower Posts: 313
    edited November -1
    Yes, we are trying for our rainbow baby, and even considering the middle name of "Rainbow" if we get her. ❤ Good luck to us both! :)
    Baby #1 Erin 35 & Michael 39 (Met 3/98, Married 6/13). TTC since 10/08.
    3 losses: 8/12 @ 8 wks (ep); 11/13 @ 6 wks (mc); 1/14 @ 5 wks (ep,tube removed). 4 NW Donor Cycles: all BFNs. IVF: E.R. 7/2/16---12 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized through icsi, 5 made it to blast! PGS results: 3 out of 5 perfect! E.T. 2 5 day blasts on 8/30! BFP 4dp5dt! 6w4d u/s confirmed: It's twins!
  • Options
    pixybellestarrpixybellestarr Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I've seen posts of people talking about that a lot. I love it.
  • Options
    kellyclaregonzalezkellyclaregonzalez Posts: 44
    edited November -1
    My cousin lost her baby one year ago at a couple months old. She is due in summer now with her rainbow baby. She had me make a pregnancy announcement card to send out to everyone that had a quote about rainbows on the front and the back said when their rainbow baby was due. I think it helps because they are still mourning the loss of their baby and don't want to feel like they have forgotten about her or replaced her.
    Jan.- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    Feb.- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    March- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    April- 5 mg/day Letrozole cycle with ultrasound- Cancelled due to poor egg quality. Endometrioma found.:(
    May- 12.5mg/day Letrozole cycle- ??