Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

TTC after miscarriage

jessykah03jessykah03 Posts: 452 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
I miscarriage at 7 weeks. and its going on 2 weeks since i passed the miscarriage, bleed for about a week and a half. I want to try again right away and been checking ovulation., but the past 3 days i have got a positive ovulation test. Is this normal? is it a false positive? has any one else experienced this?
TTC since 05/2015: 6 home attempts (ICI): BFP (09/11/2015 ended in Nov 2015 with Donor 9319)
3 times after loss ( Jan 2016, Feb 2016 and March 2016 all BFN. (with donor 9717)
RE assisted IUI medicated 5/16 & 6/16 BPN
ICI with donor 7062 August 2016-BPN
ICI with IVF-IUI Vials 10/31 & 11/1

Comments

• OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I'm so sorry about your mc .. I had a mmc at 10 wks, the baby stopped growing at 7. It was heart breaking to say the least.

We wanted to TTC straight away without AF if I could time it right. We decided that if we could track O properly then we would give it a go. I used wondofo HCG tests everyday to check the HCG in my system, I also used OPKs at the same time, just to see the line variance. With any HCG in your system still your also going to be testing positive on the OPK. It's likely that is the case for you now.

I got positive HCG test until CD 27, counting the first day of red blood from the mc as day 1. As soon as the HCG tests faded to negative (they were REAL faint for about a week, but alas that still is positive), I got a truly positive OPK about 5 days later and Od the next day. . I also got pregnant. ...which lasted a total of 2 days... chemical.

If you read about the internet, as I'm sure you have.. you'll see lot of stories about women who go on to have healthy babies immediately after mc, and very few stories otherwise. I honestly think my chemical was due to a lining issue due to mc. I'm still not sure if I regret having tried straight away though- I felt like I was able to get back into control TTC straight away again in a situation where i felt helpless.

In conclusion, I say- test out HCG to neg, then MAYBE you MIGHT ovulate which you can track with OPKs. I hope you get your rainbow baby. <3
  • jessykah03jessykah03 Posts: 452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much for that info. I am sorry about your MC. It is insane how much you love and want something that you have never meet.
    Thank you again. :)
    TTC since 05/2015: 6 home attempts (ICI): BFP (09/11/2015 ended in Nov 2015 with Donor 9319)
    3 times after loss ( Jan 2016, Feb 2016 and March 2016 all BFN. (with donor 9717)
    RE assisted IUI medicated 5/16 & 6/16 BPN
    ICI with donor 7062 August 2016-BPN
    ICI with IVF-IUI Vials 10/31 & 11/1
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Yes...your body can reboot itself quickly. You can ovulate right away especially if your mc happened early in your pregnancy. I have read multiple times how your body is somehow geared up for pregnancy even after a miscarriage and you have a better chance of conceiving in those cycles immediately after a miscarriage. I hope you have better luck.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    no thats a false +. a slightly + hcg test will also show a +opk cause the hormones are like twins.