Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Im so effin sick

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I have been on the wait to see if this baby will make it. and now 6 weeks 3 days. I have had many losses last yr and I believe they were all due to my thyroid. Well I started meds shortly after confirming the pregnancy, last week had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and we saw only the gestational sac measuring 11.6 or 5 weeks 2 days. last loss had same and got really ill before baby passed at 6 1/2 weeks but I didnt know till 8 weeks 3 days.

suddenly I am VERY ill, whiney and anxiety ridden. so bad that I feel like I have the flu nearly all day and Im gagging. I have only puked right at the beginning of the pregnancy. Im eating so much to keep the lump out of my throat but Im miserable. with kids at home and trying to school them and live... I wonder why on earth I did this to myself.
give me every suggestion possible. I have taken or eaten most of it but maybe Im missing something. I am temped to go find a joint cause Im that desperate. (Not that I would ever know how to do it cause I dont even drink) good grief, someone come put me out of my misery.

Comments

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My pregnancies didn't last long but with all of them I was sick like you the whole time. As weird as it sounds just keep eating small amts continuously of whatever you can stand..not letting your stomach empty helped me. Time for nutritious foods can wait..won't do you much good if you can't keep them down. Sour things like hard candies or citrus fruits helped me too. I would be more worried if the symptoms stopped. That was a bad sign for me. I am sooo hoping this one makes it and you have a good report at the dr. next week.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    thank you. Im eating constantly and if I craved dirt I would eat that too. I find the second Im not chewing something Im dizzy, weak or ready to puke. its so horrible. I have cried several times. I rarely think of being pregnant other than when I first wake up and not ill. but the second I stand or start the day it slowly kicks in.
    The amount of protein I ingest right now is insane. The bad is, Im so ill, I tend to forget to take my meds.

oh and I need to brush my teeth constantly or that makes me gag too.
  • flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Right there with you on the ill, whiney and anxiety ridden. After full-on hyperemesis through the 1st trimester, my nausea is back (I'm 34 weeks) and I can't put my head down without getting a mouth full of reflux. Sending good wishes that this will be a sticky bean.
    edited November -1
    I would also go easy on yourself with your other kids too..they wont be seriously harmed by take out or easy to poop in an oven or microwave foods.Cooking for my troop would sometimes make me gag.
    edited November -1
    I homeschool so they are with me at all times, and Im mainly oven, stove or microwave cooking or its easy foods like healthy lunch meats and cold veggies. I already feel terrible for being so out of it... but going for take out would be the worst. I can barely get into decent clothing or out of the house right now plus driving and moving my head back and forth makes me ill too. yuck.
    Im not one that pukes much but I do get the constant puke feeling for about 12 hrs or so and that alone makes me want to die. I tend to get depression easily when Im sick too long. Im just bad at being stuck in one spot or feeling so bleeping awful.
  • Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    Get with a homeschool group so you can switch off days sometimes, if that is an option in your area.
    For the nausea can you ask your dr for anti nausea meds? I was really nauseous for about 7plus weeks and got nausea meds when I was really desperate and the PregEase was no longer working. The Rx worked much better! I know some people will not take an Rx but if it's that bad maybe it's worth a discussion.
    Good advise is to keep eating! Sounds like you are doing that :) sweet ginger, apples with peanut butter, ob and j, ginger ale, citrus and pancakes with syrup were all the best foods to calm my stomach. Good luck!
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15
    edited November -1
    I dont want to go the zofran route cause of all the defects Im reading and see lately. several friends had taken it their kids had tongue ties.

however, today I woke and felt wonderful. no sickness all day. I actually dont feel anything which is what happened with my last loss. a surge, then nothing. so Im fully expecting wed to not see a heartbeat. I dont know how to feel about that because I have had so many losses. I do not think I will try again. Im too much of a whimp to go thru the sickness and try to function in life. with my daughter I was sick till 20 weeks and single then too. it was so awful but of course she is so worth it.
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Tiny when I was pregnant with the twins I was constantly nauseated. The only thing that helped was chewing peppermint gum & using peppermint essential oil. I never stopped feeling sick even when they were already gone. Once I had my D&C it took about a week for the sickness feeling to go away. I am hoping that everything turns out ok for you.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
    edited January 2016
    I so sorry for your loss :(
    I had that with my 10 weeks loss. baby died at 6 weeks but I grew everything till I got it all out and was so ill. that SUCKED. I knew I had lost it at 6 weeks too. so the 4 weeks was absolute hell.
    the nausea for me is a good sign but not a definite. usually when I feel something is wrong, it is. right now not feeling hopeful.

and the gum thing, I so wished it worked for me but peppermint makes it worse. I put in some gum today and had to take it out instantly. lemon or tart is ok tho.
    edited November -1
    ok perhaps Im only getting sickness on the days I have taken progesterone cause last night I took it and today I feel icky but not horrid. yesterday I felt good and prior night I did not take pill. my progesterone level is really high so Im truly not needing this high of an amount but all I have is 200mg... I dont want to take it anymore at all if its gunna make me feel gross.
    Ultrasound is in 2 days.
  • OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm 4W 4D today and I feel hardly anything .. no cramping, no sore bbs, and obviously no sickness. I may regret this, but I WISH I was sick .. that would be reassuring at this point!

Good luck at your scan!
    edited November -1
    Thank you. Well hopefully your scan will come back with positive results. FX!
    tinydancer wrote:
    I so sorry for your loss :(
    I had that with my 10 weeks loss. baby died at 6 weeks but I grew everything till I got it all out and was so ill. that SUCKED. I knew I had lost it at 6 weeks too. so the 4 weeks was absolute hell.
    the nausea for me is a good sign but not a definite. usually when I feel something is wrong, it is. right now not feeling hopeful.

and the gum thing, I so wished it worked for me but peppermint makes it worse. I put in some gum today and had to take it out instantly. lemon or tart is ok tho.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
    edited November -1
    i didnt take meds for 2 days and Im just as sick. i dont know how much of this I can take cause now I have a migraine too. Im tired, achey (from lack of moving) and starving but need to puke. what on earth did i do this to myself for? this is horrible!
    edited November -1
    How did it go today?
    tinydancer wrote:
    i didnt take meds for 2 days and Im just as sick. i dont know how much of this I can take cause now I have a migraine too. Im tired, achey (from lack of moving) and starving but need to puke. what on earth did i do this to myself for? this is horrible!
    edited January 2016
    as far as being pregnant, that went great. baby is there with a strong heartbeat. the dr was terrible tho, I had to ask for a pic and get all the info and he just sort of scolded me for worrying. isnt that what happens when you have several losses? grr. he was also suppose to be the guy to help me with my thyroid he says nope. so Im still trying to find someone to help me with that. isnt it sad that the office didnt know who I should see at all? sorta insane. I wont be seeing that dr again!

anyway, Im 7 weeks tomorrow and baby measures 6 weeks 4 days. I also have a small bleed. I had this last time and the culprit I think is orgasm. not sex... just strong orgasm. I didnt have the bleed last time, (tmi) and I had 1 or 2 orgasms since last week and they are really strong for me which clearly means I need to stop it. not great. how do you go months without that?

so Im guessing the sickness will get way worse. Im puking and gagging now and starving every hr. still stuck on the couch or in bed all day. too dangerous to drive :(
    I told the dr I was was so ill and he said, well you wanted to be pregnant! wonderful thank you. jerk.

sorry Im crabby cause I feel awful and it took 2 hrs for the appt when I only saw him 6 minutes.
    edited January 2016
    So relieved to hear that the baby is good. What an @$$!! I can't believe the way he treated you. That is just awful. I am sosorry. I do hope that you have the option to go to another dr. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that they can figure out your thyroid. Not sure how you go months w/o orgasam but if thats what you think is causing that then cut it out ;). Good luck with that one.
    edited November -1
    I will not be returning to him. I was hoping to get some meds to try here and there. I cannot function for my other kids. driving near impossible.

That clinic has not given me another name for the thyroid dr tho so I need to start somewhere else. I do have a previous Dr I saw tho and shes the one who gave me the thyroid meds Im on now. I saw I have 2 refills but i really need to know my level soon to see if the dose im at now is ok. Just seems that no one knows a thing around here. I moved to a new state and missing my old dr's.
    edited November -1
    That really sucks. Maybe contact your insurance company to find an in-network provider (sorry Im assuming you have coverage). Or can the previous dr fax over a script for labs? There has to be something someone will do. I am sorry this is so difficult for you, especially during a time where you need no extra address stressors. :(
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry you feel so ill. I am thrilled baby is doing OK. I had an awful experience with a dr. today with my daughter. He was just showing off for a med. student...total jerk...we will never go back to him either. If a dr. treats me with disrespect when I was respectful to him even if I disagreed with him I'm gone too. I hope you find someone who you can trust and feel comfortable going to.
    edited November -1
    YES!!! I feel better :) Unisom is the helper. I took that yesterday afternoon cause I was still sick and seeing stars even while laying down, and it kicked in within 20 minutes. I was sick free all night and even today. I did take a half pill last night before bed tho. I took b6 ad b12 this morning and plan to take another 1/3 unisom shortly.

I typically get sick right after eating breakfast and it gets worse as day goes on.
    I also called a different dr who saw me early on and begged for zofran or diclegis meds. they are at the store waiting for pick up now.
    edited November -1
    This is great news!!! :)
    tinydancer wrote:
    YES!!! I feel better :) Unisom is the helper. I took that yesterday afternoon cause I was still sick and seeing stars even while laying down, and it kicked in within 20 minutes. I was sick free all night and even today. I did take a half pill last night before bed tho. I took b6 ad b12 this morning and plan to take another 1/3 unisom shortly.

I typically get sick right after eating breakfast and it gets worse as day goes on.
    I also called a different dr who saw me early on and begged for zofran or diclegis meds. they are at the store waiting for pick up now.
    edited November -1
    unfortunately that 2 days of great didnt last. Im sicker than ever and now plagued by dizziness, out of breath and rapid heart beat. that constant terrible taste in my mouth sucks too. I brush my teeth constantly. Im ill constantly unless sleeping and right before bed I'm gagging. I hate this. Im not sure I will continue with it if I get any worse. my health is more important. perhaps this is a sign that my body is too depleted and it worries me for a safe delivery as a single mom. please dont judge me for saying this aloud but Im really worried that I made a bad decision to do this again.
    edited November -1
    I hope you start feeling better soon. I know with the other children it is hard to rest but give in when you need to. Even little ones can pitch in. One of my pregnancies was like this. I had such awful migraines I didn't think I would make it one more day. Have you ever tried Preggie Pops--they are a hard candy--get the ones on the stick--they are sour and hard to keep them in your mouth long--but they were great to help with the nausea and bad taste. It wasn't a bad decision you went through a lot to get this far. Do your best to hang in there.
  • che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    absolutely no judgement whatsoever. I really hope this truly is a safe space where people can be honest about their thoughts and others support them! I'm so very sorry this is so miserable and hope you can find the right thing to do for yourself as well!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
    edited November -1
    no judgment. I am just praying that things get better for you.
    edited November -1
    If anyone ever reads this, the reason I was so sick was because I had a partial molar pregnancy which is NOT normal. had a lot more tissue growth which depleted me and caused so many symptoms. I was extremely anemic although the drs said I was fine, I was not. my ferritin was 8. should be 80. I also had hypothyroidism that was not properly treated. the whole thing was a mess and I realize I KNEW something was off and just could not put a name on it.
    I lost the baby around 11 weeks. I bled terribly. Baby was perfect and a boy.
    I have not been able to get pregnant since.