Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trying again?

Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
I had a miscarriage last Sunday at 5.5 weeks. I bled heavily for the first two days and have intermittent spotting since. I've been using wondfo hcg tests and they are completely negative now.

When should I expect my period? When did those who experienced an early loss try again and get a BFP? We want to try again soon but don't want to waste vials or money.

Comments

• Options
    jessykah03jessykah03 Posts: 452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my period about 4 weeks after my miscarriage. It was pretty heavy and so uncomfortable. my DR told me it was getting ride of any left over "stuff" that was why it was so heavy . Then the next month went back to normal.
    TTC since 05/2015: 6 home attempts (ICI): BFP (09/11/2015 ended in Nov 2015 with Donor 9319)
    3 times after loss ( Jan 2016, Feb 2016 and March 2016 all BFN. (with donor 9717)
    RE assisted IUI medicated 5/16 & 6/16 BPN
    ICI with donor 7062 August 2016-BPN
    ICI with IVF-IUI Vials 10/31 & 11/1
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I didn't get mine until 2 months after D&C & it had to be helped along with meds. Good luck.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Some of the very early miscarriages like yours it was like my body rebooted itself and AF came pretty near CD..if you count miscarriage date as CD1. I hope it is the same for you. I am sorry for your loss and hope the next try is the bfp that sticks. I have read several times that for some reason the cycles immediately following early miscarriages actually give you a better chance. Something about your body being geared up for pregnancy. I had stopped TTC for a while and gave away all my resource books or I'd tell you where to look for that tidbit of info.
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    Thank you all! Old mama, I've seen the same thought on other forums, that you're more fertile with a lower risk of miscarriage in the three months following one if you have no health issues. I'm trying really hard to be positive. I know I can get pregnant, our timing worked, and the donor worked. So hoping we get a BFP and a sticky baby on our next try!
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a loss at 5 weeks also. My dr said to count that as my period. She said to skip a month and then try again. We skipped one month and then had our sticky BFP our second try after the loss. I'm sorry for your loss.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    so sorry to hear. I usually ovulate about 12-14 days starting from 1st day of early loss. then regular period about 14 days later. (or 28 days from 1st bleeding of loss)

I also am one who tried right after a loss and got 2 rainbow babies from it
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a mmc at 10 weeks, baby passed at 7. We tried right away again without another cycle between. That cycle ended up with a chemical. Maybe mc related maybe not. I don't regret trying right away though, it gave me more hope trying. Although the chemical was a extra let down. I say try again as soon as you'd like.. I've heard many stories of stickies right away! So sorry for your loss, been there, sucks. You'll get your BFP sticky little bean, you will!! <3