Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Fruit Veggie Pouches

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have a severely disabled older child who still has to have pureed food. I was out of town and in a big hurry. We tried those pouches with her today. I wasn't sure if she would catch on how to use them but did. Those are great and quite a variety of fruits and veggies you can get. Anyone else use them? What do you think? I wish there was a bit more food in them.

Comments

• RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use them for my daughter when I'm in a hurry or just don't feel like doing much meal prep. She loves most of them, though a few flavors she's more so-so on. The Gerber toddler ones seem to be her favorite. She does pretty well eating them on her own, though I still have to keep an eye on her. She's 17 months now.
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    They sell reusable ones too so you can make the food at home and fill them.
    I think they come in different sizes too.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That's a good idea the reusable ones. I have tried for years to get her to be able to feed herself and this is the first sign of an answer. The reusable ones would be great when we are home. Thanks I will look into it.
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Similar to juice pouches like capri sun they have discovered that mold grows in them :(

You can probably google and find some info on it
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    OH no..shanny...I thought I really made a break through. She is medically fragile. I will definitely have to look into that.
  • ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    old mama wrote:
    OH no..shanny...I thought I really made a break through. She is medically fragile. I will definitely have to look into that.

To cut down on this I always buy the pouches that are clear (so I can see what is in them). They are the organic brand, although I can't remember the name at the moment.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz