Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Disney world?

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi guys! So we are taking our just turned 2 year old to Disney world next week ( mostly because I want to see pandora) but also for his little eyes to marvel at, can anyone give me some tips on Disney with a 2 year old? Are there rides that he could ride? Food recommendations? Any tips would be great! Anyway an update: Roman turned 2 on July the 4th he is definitely a firecracker he keeps me busy and in shape, he is the apple of my eye and is my reason for being i now know whY they say that! He eats me out of house and home and has been making full sentences for about 6 months now! He can count to 5 and hums his abc's! He is truly a mamas boy, I want another but not sure my partner does :( trying to figure out how to make her mind change. He is 35 inch s tall and 30 lbs.

Comments

• melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    We went when my son was a little over 1 1/2 and he could ride most of the rides everywhere we went! He LOVED Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Stidios and Magic Kingdom. He loved meeting the charectors, I expected him to be scared but he walked up and hugged and kissed them. We would eat breakfast before getting to the parks and so we would get there around 9/9:30 and we would stay til 1 ish then go back to the hotel so he could nap and then go back after the nap. It is HOT and overwhelming so he did much better this way. I recommend the restaurants that have the charectors. They come to your table and so your child can have a one I. One experience. It was priceless!! Pack a cooler backpack with water and snacks. Use the fast passes. It made our waits so much less!! Just relax and go at his pace if he is exhausted let him nap! You guys will have a blast!
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    We took my daughter when she was 21 months old. She had a blast. We went to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. It was really hot (July) so I don't recommend the middle of summer. Animal Kingdom was probably the best for that age, but we did not plan our time wisely. We are going back in September, and E will be just shy of 3. Rather than tell you what we did last time, I will run through our plan for this trip because I think we have a better grasp of what to do/not do. 1. Book fast passes early and only book the rides/shows with AC. Trust me on this. Sometimes the only AC we could find was in the baby care center and in the gift shop. 2. Stay at a Disney hotel and take the shuttle back for a nap. The kid will be super hot and cranky if you don't let them decompress and recharge. We will go at opening and leave at lunchtime, then return around 5 and stay until 8. 3. Water is free in the parks, so don't spend a lot of money on beverages. We just filled E's cup with Ice and let it melt into water. Toddlers can do almost everything except the big roller coasters. Some of the winners were Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel. Mickey's Philharmonic scared the crap out of her, and we will not do that again. I showed E some Youtube videos of rides for this trip and asked her if they were scary - Pirates of Caribbean she said was ok, but Dinosaurs scared her. We did not get to do the Frozen ride because the wait was 5 hours, but this time I booked the fast pass for it on the first day we could book - and there was only 1 time frame left! Book that one early.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    kelleymel wrote:
    We took my daughter when she was 21 months old. She had a blast. We went to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. It was really hot (July) so I don't recommend the middle of summer. Animal Kingdom was probably the best for that age, but we did not plan our time wisely. We are going back in September, and E will be just shy of 3. Rather than tell you what we did last time, I will run through our plan for this trip because I think we have a better grasp of what to do/not do. 1. Book fast passes early and only book the rides/shows with AC. Trust me on this. Sometimes the only AC we could find was in the baby care center and in the gift shop. 2. Stay at a Disney hotel and take the shuttle back for a nap. The kid will be super hot and cranky if you don't let them decompress and recharge. We will go at opening and leave at lunchtime, then return around 5 and stay until 8. 3. Water is free in the parks, so don't spend a lot of money on beverages. We just filled E's cup with Ice and let it melt into water. Toddlers can do almost everything except the big roller coasters. Some of the winners were Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel. Mickey's Philharmonic scared the crap out of her, and we will not do that again. I showed E some Youtube videos of rides for this trip and asked her if they were scary - Pirates of Caribbean she said was ok, but Dinosaurs scared her. We did not get to do the Frozen ride because the wait was 5 hours, but this time I booked the fast pass for it on the first day we could book - and there was only 1 time frame left! Book that one early.

Awww we want to take our E maybe next summer, i loved reading this! We just got back from San Diego with her and our 4 month old! I was nervous, but it worked out pretty well. It was a lot of work, but everyone kept their cool. I'm really excited about Disney now!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:
    kelleymel wrote:

Awww we want to take our E maybe next summer, i loved reading this! We just got back from San Diego with her and our 4 month old! I was nervous, but it worked out pretty well. It was a lot of work, but everyone kept their cool. I'm really excited about Disney now!

wow, we are on the same wave length. We were supposed to go to San Diego instead of Disney! How are you guys doing? We are finally expecting #2 in early 2018
  • ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    So we made it two days! It was 104 degrees which was not ideal, but it was truly fun. They call Disney world magical and it truly is. Our two year old loved it! We first went to pandora and did the navi river cruise which he loved, the lines were doable even without fast tracking. Animal kingdom was wonderful and it was mostly set in the shade! There were not many people at animal kingdom which was truly surprising. Magic kingdom will truly bring out your inner child that's no joke, they have a way will nostalgia, we are sad we can't stay longer. If you go, utilize the baby care centers, there are many things for babies and young toddlers. But don't go in July :-D
    edited November -1
    kelleymel wrote:
    syoung0204 wrote:
    kelleymel wrote:

wow, we are on the same wave length. We were supposed to go to San Diego instead of Disney! How are you guys doing? We are finally expecting #2 in early 2018

I just saw that on your ticker!!! I am so excited for you guys! I've been looking for updates from you guys, can't believe I missed that! It wouldn't be a March due date would it? We got pregnant with littlest E in June...we are so riding the same wave!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:
    kelleymel wrote:
    syoung0204 wrote:

I just saw that on your ticker!!! I am so excited for you guys! I've been looking for updates from you guys, can't believe I missed that! It wouldn't be a March due date would it? We got pregnant with littlest E in June...we are so riding the same wave!

The due date is mid February because she will be born c-section. She's a Valentine's Day girl!
    edited November -1
    kelleymel wrote:

The due date is mid February because she will be born c-section. She's a Valentine's Day girl!

Awww a girl!!!! E is getting a sister! That's beautiful :) !!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx