Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ancestry / DNA tests

sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
For anyone interested Amazon has amazing deals today for Ancestry and 23 & me DNA tests. Love them! Find them beyond interesting. I've learned so much more about my children's origins and ancestry. Anyways Amazon Prime day has them down to $49 or $69 a test. I l've tested myself and children at all three main sites. Ancestry is going to be the best.

Comments

• Options
    annie.murphannie.murph Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    These are awesome. I agree that ancestry is best for ancestry specifics.

One pretty cool thing about 23andme is that there's a great deal of genetic carrier information. You can actually see if you are a carrier for a recessive condition that a donor carries, allowing you to avoid that donor. You can also export your genome free to other sites allowing you to dig really deep for specific locus information.
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I love Ancestry but 23&me has some cool features. We've used both as well as FTDNA.

Love the health reports 23&me offers but also use promethease which is only $5-$10. It offers a lot more then 23&me but isn't as easy to read always.