Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Donor 241

NancyandKendraNancyandKendra Posts: 4
edited November -1 in BFP Database
Anyone on here used donor 241R?
6/2017 #1 IUI donor 241R

Comments

• shutterbug518shutterbug518 Posts: 7
    edited July 2017
    I am using this donor and did an insemination last night, will let you know if I get a positive! I am trying next month as well, have a feeling that my timing was off this cycle.
  • wanative15wanative15 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I literally just got a BFP with this donor but have yet to write about my experience as I don't want to jinx it.

Count was 11million for IUI vial and it was my first try with this donor! I couldn't be more ecstatic.
  • NancyandKendraNancyandKendra Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    We got BFN for our first IUI, we are doing our next one next Saturday.
    6/2017 #1 IUI donor 241R
  • NancyandKendraNancyandKendra Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    We should all keep in touch if we all get a BFP, this will be our last try with this one. Good luck to everyone.
    6/2017 #1 IUI donor 241R
    edited November -1
    BFN here. I did my own ICI with an IUI vial, but now I'm wondering if the sperm count was low if yours was only 11 million. Crossing my fingers for you NancyandKendra. I'll probably give this donor one more try.
  • amberisfunamberisfun Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    My wife and I are inseminating at home with 241 this weekend!!! So excited and nervous at the same time.
  • handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    Good luck! Keep us posted!
    edited November -1
    Looking for some advice, we thought ovulation was going to happen this weekend. She has been testing twice a day using clear blue ovulation test and we still haven't even gotten the flashing smiley. According to the tracking it should've been Sunday. It is now Tuesday afternoon and still nothing. We received our dewar on Friday. Should we send it back tomorrow or hold off until Friday? I just don't want to waste our specimen. I just hate to pay for $189 shipping again, but I also don't want to lose it. HELP!!
    edited November -1
    It's so hard to know what to do! Any chance the test strips are wrong? I think the stress of conceiving affects our cycles, as I ovulated way late last month (my first try.) I ended up inseminating the day I had to send the dewar back and it was too early and didn't work. It was still plenty frozen on the 7 day mark though. It's definitely a gamble.
    edited November -1
    Hey guys. Unfortunately I found out I had a missed miscarriage around 6 weeks. I am heartbroken.
    NWCryo will not release any info regarding if this donor has had any other previous miscarriages. I can tell you not one person in my family has had one. If I do pathology I will let you know the results if it's a chromosomal abnormality related to the sperm.
    Hopefully this doesn't damper your tries too much, but if it were me I would want to know. Best of luck to both of you.
    edited August 2017
    So very sorry for your loss. :,( Thanks for letting us know.
    edited November -1
    I feel like this was a pretty bi*** move on my end, and I just wanted to apologize. I haven't been thinking clearly this week. NW Cryo suggested I post asking about miscarriage on the forum and I figured you would see that post, but I probably shouldn't have posted about it on this thread too.

As a reminder, I got pregnant the first try with this donor so that's good news. And I have no way of knowing if it's a donor issue. Only time will tell, as I haven't seen any other posts regarding this donor.

I truly wish you both the best and lots of sticky baby luck. Sorry I wasn't a bit more sensitive earlier.
    edited November -1
    BFN here on try #2. Wanative15, if his count was only 11 million, I would contact NW and try to get a refund. They guarantee 20million I thought. 11 Million is low. I'm switching donors. I had no problem getting pregnant with my first daughter/first donor. I just don't think this one has good enough counts, unfortunately, because I really loved him and he's a great sibling match for my other daughter.
    edited November -1
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next donor is a bit better. Are you sold on staying with NW? I hear really good things about Colorado Cryo and that they have very high counts.

Because mine was an IUI vial, it's smaller and more concentrated. So the average count is 7-13 per their website.

I got pathology back but awaiting the full report. Preliminary report shows calcification which I'm reading is a strong indicator of chromosomal abnormality. I have zero genetic issues that would affect my fertility so I think you moving on to a new donor is a good choice.

Best of luck to you.
    edited November -1
    BFN on try number 1, going to switch donors I think after hearing some of these stories.
  • melmelmelmel Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone had a pregnancy with this donor? I really like him. I’ve heard of chemicals with him. Just want to know if any were Successful.
    Thank you
  • TripletmommyTripletmommy Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I used clomid and donor 241R, which resulted in fraternal triplets! GBB. All healthy, even though they were born 2 months early. Just turned 1 on Sept. 1st!
  • 2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    I used clomid and donor 241R, which resulted in fraternal triplets! GBB. All healthy, even though they were born 2 months early. Just turned 1 on Sept. 1st!

Triplets?! Now I’m nervous! I’m doing a Clomid cycle with 241R this month. Tank should be arriving tomorrow. My wife and I decided to switch it up and try me with a new donor, so here it goes.